• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Opinion on ‘07 R1200GS Adventure

kjeppesen

At a bmw dealer with 42k miles.
What should one pay for a beast like this ?
Is 42k too many miles ?
My other bikes are low miles
‘17 R NineT 1,600
‘14 S1000R 14,500
‘01 R1100R 3,700

I am not going to try to guess at a price. See Kelley Blue Book (about right) and NADA ( a bit low) for a decent guess at prices.

As for miles, those are peanuts. Enough not to have sat too long and not enough to be of concern. I had 189,000 on my R1150R when I sold it and Voni's R1100RS is outside with 412,000 miles. It got a replacement used engine at 400,000 miles or so.

Price is what it is, value is what someone will pay.
Finding a good one with options that are desired is worth paying a little more. Getting it at a dealer means it’s at least been inspected. That will always cost a little more.
I have attached a few pictures. I am not sure what I am looking at equipment level wise.
I assume since it’s listed as adventure that it’s 7.9 gallon tank.

BF5A2B99-F2C6-4883-9247-25C0D8785820.pngB6BFE04D-DDCB-4D6D-8D7A-39160D824FFD.pngEC1822B3-F9D6-42E8-A5E0-50A5E3088EED.png07B0F0D0-73FC-423B-B023-C927FE08D06A.png

I went to take a second look. Could not ride it yet as they were short handed.
A closer look reveals that they have not even washed it, so I expect it may clean up nice.
They took it in trade, and have had it a while.
It’s basically a stock GSA no options really.
No cruise control. Which is a bummer.
I may make them a low ball offer or keep looking.
Their price obviously is too high or it would have sold long ago.
In the mean time in listing my S1000R for sale.

For comparison

I bought an 07 GSA a few months ago. 58K miles, paid $6K, a little under book but it was equipped with things I would have changed anyway, suspension, skid plate, seat, etc. and was in good condition. Changed the tires, gave it a good tune up, and now it runs great. Put a few thousand miles on it since then.
Hope that helps
Danny

Base '07 R1200 GS Adv From the NADA Motorcycle Website using your ZIP Code
Low Retail $4,790
Average Retail $6,305

The Panniers/mounts add $4-500 in value.

https://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/2007/BMW/R1200GS-ADVENTURE-1170cc/Values

The dealer (and the bank) will generally try to use NADA to buy or loan and Kelly Blue Book to Sell.

The Kelly values lag the NADA values as bikes depreciate, or at least they did when I was a dealer.

Wasn't '07 the last year of the troublesome ABS system?

Brakes

If I remember right the 2006 had the servo system. My 2007 has the non servo abs, previous owner had the abs pump rebuilt a few months before I bought it. It could have been early 2007 when they swapped over, mine was built later in the year. Worth checking out though
Danny

That's a twin of my 2007 GSA. Last week, I turned over 100k miles. The ABS motor was rebuilt by Module Master and a new pinion seal installed at around 65k. Last year I replaced the shocks with TFX from Ted Porter's Beemer Shop. I should've done that 50k miles ago!

It's a great running and riding machine........

Back