• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greeting from the Blue Ridge/Central Virginia

davidsanders

Hello all, I rejoined MOA while at HQ in Greer SC last month. My wife, Doris, and I live in Lyndhurst, VA, about a mile or two from the northern terminus of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We've had several BMWs and currently we each ride an R1200R, hers a '14 and mine a '16. We're both retired now have plenty of time to ride so we're really looking forward to COVID being in the rearview mirror so we can take some longer trips. IMG_2800.jpegIMG_2798.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!
I'm not sure how that garage is so clean ;)
Enjoy.
Gary

Welcome, nice bikes and I like that original 3-Series, too. That model has aged better than the later 3-Series, imo. Is it a 320i, or a 323i?

Welcome, nice bikes and I like that original 3-Series, too. That model has aged better than the later 3-Series, imo. Is it a 320i, or a 323i?

That is an '83 320i with the somewhat rare sport package. It's a survivor and still has most of its original paint.

David and Doris, welcome from the coast of Kansas. You do live in a nice area for two-wheel riding. Hope you get to take those longer trips you mentioned. Most of the places that top the BRP are quite a ways west. Good luck.

Thank you

David and Doris thank you both so much for reconnecting with the club and becoming members again. The lifeblood of our club is membership, it’s really good to see you here. Your bikes and garage are awesome!

David and Doris thank you both so much for reconnecting with the club and becoming members again. The lifeblood of our club is membership, it’s really good to see you here. Your bikes and garage are awesome!

Thanks for the kind words. When I was in Greer for a BMW car event the MOA had reps on site. After speaking with them for a few minutes it was an easy decision to make. I can't recall their names but they were really great people.

David and Doris, welcome from the coast of Kansas. You do live in a nice area for two-wheel riding. Hope you get to take those longer trips you mentioned. Most of the places that top the BRP are quite a ways west. Good luck.

I've made one west trip and really enjoyed it but our best trips have been in Europe with Edelweiss Bike Travel. We've done five so far and were booked for Norway this year until you-know-what happened. We've rebooked it for 2021.

Back