• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 R1200RT Font Fender Extender. Which one?

westcoastkevin

Hi,
I want a front fender extender for my 2011 R1200RT. I assume it will keep the front of the engine a bit cleaner and prevent road debris from hitting it. So far I can find these two. There might be others I do not know about.

Pyramid Plastics:
SKU: 054051
https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/coll...-r1200-rt-extenda-fenda-matte-black-2005-2013
It costs too much to ship it from England as far as i can see.

Machineart Moto Avant R1200 RT Fender Extension
https://machineartmoto.com/products/avant/avant-fender-extension-for-052013-rt/
It looks a lot bulkier. Does this mean it is better?

Is there any one favored by the masses here?
Regards,
Kevin

Machineart Moto Avant. No holes to drill, no adhesives to mess with, just clamps in place, easily removed leaving the main fender undamaged, and it works well. The picture is framed to show as much of the product as possible, I don't normally notice it, but without it I did notice all the road dirt on the engine and exhaust crossover.

Me2. Machine Art Moto is the best for its ease of mounting and, so far, it durability for me.

Another vote for the MachineArtMoto one - great coverage and very sturdy over 45k miles. I like that it flares out a little more than the pyramid plastics one, but I'm more concerned about function than style...

Back