• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New to BMW ownership in Kansas City, KS

eydugstr

Hello everyone - I'm Doug, new BMW owner in the older part of Shawnee, KS. 51 years old. Just got a 2007 R1200R courtesy of my stepdad, who decided to step back from riding. While I'm not new to motorcycling, am new to BMW ownership, and really appreciate forums like this to ask questions or search. My other bikes include a '05 Kawasaki Concours and a '72/'77 Honda CB750.

Welcome to the BMW MOA.

And, you should take the time to look up the local BMW club. Also, go see Mike and Adam and the rest of the great folks at Engle Motors, 6633 Truman Road, KC MO 816-241-7554.

Who was your step-dad. I might know him.

Welcome to the BMW MOA.

And, you should take the time to look up the local BMW club. Also, go see Mike and Adam and the rest of the great folks at Engle Motors, 6633 Truman Road, KC MO 816-241-7554.

Who was your step-dad. I might know him.

My stepdad is Mike Gunther - Will have to ask if he's been on this forum. He's owned a couple other BMW's, as well as a Triumph Tiger.

Have been to Engle motors over the years - great shop. Have known Pat for awhile now, and pretty sure wouldn't be an unfamiliar face to the rest. Haven't bought a bike there (yet) but over the years have gotten a lot of gear from them.

My stepdad is Mike Gunther - Will have to ask if he's been on this forum. He's owned a couple other BMW's, as well as a Triumph Tiger.

Have been to Engle motors over the years - great shop. Have known Pat for awhile now, and pretty sure wouldn't be an unfamiliar face to the rest. Haven't bought a bike there (yet) but over the years have gotten a lot of gear from them.

Voni and I joined the KC Club in 1984 and were active members until we moved to Texas 22 years later. We still consider Engles "our dealership" and bought our two G310GSs there - along with several other new and used BMWs over the years. That is why I thought I might know your step-dad.

Voni and I joined the KC Club in 1984 and were active members until we moved to Texas 22 years later. We still consider Engles "our dealership" and bought our two G310GSs there - along with several other new and used BMWs over the years. That is why I thought I might know your step-dad.

Well...it's possible. Think around the late nineties he owned a light blue R1100, and then a few years later a dark gray and manilla colored RS, which he replaced with a silver Triumph Tiger. So if anything you might have been on the showroom floor at the same time he was. Don't think he ever joined the local BMW club, but can ask next time I see him.

Engles is an excellent dealership. Their shop has grown so much over the years (Can remember when their current Triumph showroom was Donnell Suzuki).

Back