• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank bag power for '11 RT--power cable needed.

srmRT

I need a power cable about 30" long with the battery rings on one end and an SAE connector on the other to run power from the battery on my 2011 RT up to the front of my BMW brand tank bag, which has the mating SAE connector on its front end that extends into the interior of the tank bag. I want to put my Gerbing heat controller inside the bag and run the cable out of the bottom end of the bag where it will easily connect to my jacket liner. I think this will be a neater installation than stuffing the controller in my jacket pocket.

I have researched Optimate, Gerbing, EasternBeaver, and the BatteryTender site and cannot find a cable that length, most being about 24" like my current one, which is too short to reach the front of the tank bag, or some that are several feet long.

Does anyone know of another quality source of such cables that might offer more custom lengths, or even just an 18" extension cable with SAE connectors on each end? I may be overlooking the proper cable on the sites I have researched, and I know I could just make my own. :)

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Thanks PoorUB,

I am usually not an Amazon shopper, however, it looks like I can find something to work in the links you sent. Thanks.

Steve

Thanks, I'll look at RKA.

It looks like their 24" extension is exactly what I need, as it will let me use my existing one which I can pull out under the front of the seat and plug their extension in and run it on up to the front of the tank bag.

Just what the doctored ordered!!

Thanks for the info! :)

Back