Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have re-located to CO

Later when you can get out for day rides run up Pouder River to Walden and have lunch at the River Rock Cafe.

Pouder River & Walden (12).jpg
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    Congrats on making a move in these troublesome times! Good luck finding a surgeon.
    Thanks! I hope your shoulder heals alright!

I don't think we will be meeting up in pouring rain in Virginia again any time soon. Perhaps you will find your way out here sooner rather later but that's a long haul for you.

The move was, shall we say, entertaining. Even more so with an arm that is compromised.

Cheers, Louise

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Later when you can get out for day rides run up Pouder River to Walden and have lunch at the River Rock Cafe.

Pouder River & Walden (12).jpg
    Oooh, that looks delightful!

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Not sure about her knowledge of medical doctor recommendations, but former MOA VP and current Colorado RC can point you in the right direction all things BMW MOA and Colorado. Her email address is:
    jean_excell@yahoo.com Drop her a line, Iím sure she can help get you sorted.
    Thank you for the contact information. I will be in touch with her.

Cheers, Louise

Welcome to Colorado!

New to the BMWMOA, late to this post, but been in Colorado for 24 years.
    Welcome! Welcome to the most beautiful and best state in the US!

I hope you're getting settled and have been able to get to know some of Colorado. Now you're going to get the snow! But as you've probably figured out, our snow doesn't stay around until May like on the Northeast.

Cheers! Alan
    Alan in Denver - 2016 RT, 2016 Multistrada.
    It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards would, through sheer chance, replicate the works of Shakespeare.
    Thanks to internet message boards, we now know this is not the case.

Lee, I don't know a Pouder river in Colorado. Where? I know the Cache la Poudre river West out of Fort Collins. And hwy 14 along that river is a nice ride over 9,000ft.

/Guenther
    2017 F700GS - I wish she had a drive shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Guenther View Post
    Lee, I don't know a Pouder river in Colorado. Where? I know the Cache la Poudre river West out of Fort Collins. And hwy 14 along that river is a nice ride over 9,000ft.

/Guenther
    I always shorten the name
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Cool Front Range Rides & Relocation

Silver Girl,

Welcome to Colorado!

We DO have some awesome riding here along the Front Range.

The suggestion for the Rock Creek Cafe is an excellent one! CO 14 from Ft. Collins to Walden is AWESOME, AND one of my favorite rides. Check out Rist Canyon, and Stove Prairie Road, Carter Lake and a few others know only to us locals!! (Evil Grin). Peak to Peak from Estes to Blackhawk, Big Thompson Canyon (US 34 out of Loveland, to CR 43 through GlenHaven to Estes, AND Trail Ridge Road when it opens will take your breath away!!
    Don "Radar" Wreyford
    00 K1200LT, 98 R1100GS AE, 84 R100RS, 76 R75/6
    MOA # 91738, RA #27032 , ABC #7915 - "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Louise:

Steve Farson, who used to be on this board, has a great book called "The Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado."

Good luck with your medical treatment.
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
    Louise:

Steve Farson, who used to be on this board, has a great book called "The Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado."

Good luck with your medical treatment.
    I'll try to find the book. However, shoulder surgery is mid-May so I am sidelined for much of this season too, I'm afraid.

~L

sidelined again

Thanks all for the welcome notes and road tips! After all is said and done, I have opted for the shoulder surgery which is in mid-May. So, it looks like I'll be sidelined for most, if not all, of this season too (didn't ride last season at all). But, who knows? Maybe I'll get a little riding in in the fall. The doctor is saying the healing and rehab is actually easier and quicker than the rotator cuff repair surgery. You have no idea how much it tugs at me when I see others out riding - especially if they are on a Beemer. If you see me walking on a dirt road in farm country around northern Fort Collins/Wellington area, wave, I'll wave back. That crying and sniffling you're hearing is my 2004 R1150R sitting in my garage waiting for me. I may try to get to the BMW MCC breakfast before the big day but I'll be on 4 wheels (I'm assuming this is going on in spite of lingering Covid).

Louise

Having just had (in December) a Left Total Hip Replacement I will cheer you on in your recovery. I'm so amazed at how wonderful life can feel again, absent that constant crippling pain!

You'll never regret it!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGirl View Post
    You have no idea how much it tugs at me when I see others out riding - especially if they are on a Beemer...
    It's tough when you have a medical issue, watching others carrying on their normal activities. I've been through it with a few sports injuries.
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Having just had (in December) a Left Total Hip Replacement I will cheer you on in your recovery. I'm so amazed at how wonderful life can feel again, absent that constant crippling pain!

You'll never regret it!

Voni
    sMiling
    Thanks Voni! If you go to this year's National, take my spirit along for the ride and to the women's seminar!

Louise

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
    It's tough when you have a medical issue, watching others carrying on their normal activities. I've been through it with a few sports injuries.
    It is tough. This is now going on 2 years due to the lovely interruption of Covid. In the past I've had to end seasons early or start a little late due to soft-tissue injuries but I've never had to sit out entire riding seasons. I've recently started to have sleeping dreams of riding which is... weird... make me sad... make me impatient to get this surgery done. C'est la vie! This too shall pass!

~L