• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Have re-located to CO

Lee, I don't know a Pouder river in Colorado. Where? I know the Cache la Poudre river West out of Fort Collins. And hwy 14 along that river is a nice ride over 9,000ft.

/Guenther

Lee, I don't know a Pouder river in Colorado. Where? I know the Cache la Poudre river West out of Fort Collins. And hwy 14 along that river is a nice ride over 9,000ft.

/Guenther

I always shorten the name :)

Front Range Rides & Relocation

Silver Girl,

Welcome to Colorado!

We DO have some awesome riding here along the Front Range.

The suggestion for the Rock Creek Cafe is an excellent one! CO 14 from Ft. Collins to Walden is AWESOME, AND one of my favorite rides. Check out Rist Canyon, and Stove Prairie Road, Carter Lake and a few others know only to us locals!! :) (Evil Grin). Peak to Peak from Estes to Blackhawk, Big Thompson Canyon (US 34 out of Loveland, to CR 43 through GlenHaven to Estes, AND Trail Ridge Road when it opens will take your breath away!!

Louise:

Steve Farson, who used to be on this board, has a great book called "The Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado."

Good luck with your medical treatment.

Louise:

Steve Farson, who used to be on this board, has a great book called "The Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado."

I'll try to find the book. However, shoulder surgery is mid-May so I am sidelined for much of this season too, I'm afraid.

~L

sidelined again

Thanks all for the welcome notes and road tips! After all is said and done, I have opted for the shoulder surgery which is in mid-May. So, it looks like I'll be sidelined for most, if not all, of this season too (didn't ride last season at all). But, who knows? Maybe I'll get a little riding in in the fall. The doctor is saying the healing and rehab is actually easier and quicker than the rotator cuff repair surgery. You have no idea how much it tugs at me when I see others out riding - especially if they are on a Beemer. If you see me walking on a dirt road in farm country around northern Fort Collins/Wellington area, wave, I'll wave back. That crying and sniffling you're hearing is my 2004 R1150R sitting in my garage waiting for me. I may try to get to the BMW MCC breakfast before the big day but I'll be on 4 wheels (I'm assuming this is going on in spite of lingering Covid).

Louise

Having just had (in December) a Left Total Hip Replacement I will cheer you on in your recovery. I'm so amazed at how wonderful life can feel again, absent that constant crippling pain!

You'll never regret it!

Voni
sMiling

You have no idea how much it tugs at me when I see others out riding - especially if they are on a Beemer...

It's tough when you have a medical issue, watching others carrying on their normal activities. I've been through it with a few sports injuries.

Having just had (in December) a Left Total Hip Replacement I will cheer you on in your recovery. I'm so amazed at how wonderful life can feel again, absent that constant crippling pain!

You'll never regret it!

Voni
sMiling

Thanks Voni! If you go to this year's National, take my spirit along for the ride and to the women's seminar!

Louise

It's tough when you have a medical issue, watching others carrying on their normal activities. I've been through it with a few sports injuries.

It is tough. This is now going on 2 years due to the lovely interruption of Covid. In the past I've had to end seasons early or start a little late due to soft-tissue injuries but I've never had to sit out entire riding seasons. I've recently started to have sleeping dreams of riding which is... weird... make me sad... make me impatient to get this surgery done. C'est la vie! This too shall pass!

~L

Hang in there! You could always go pillion with someone you like? Good luck with the surgery it's not far away now.

Hang in there! You could always go pillion with someone you like? Good luck with the surgery it's not far away now.

No, the surgery is not all that far away! If I knew anyone around here who rides and willing to take passengers, I just might ask to ride pillion! Alas, the other Covid interruption - haven't been able to get out TO meet anyone. Ah, well. The shoulder thing will end. I am still holding out hope that I will be able to ride this coming fall. LOL, wouldn't want to ride right now anyway - it's friggin' snowing!! :eek :confused:

No, the surgery is not all that far away! If I knew anyone around here who rides and willing to take passengers, I just might ask to ride pillion!
I had a knee replacement last year, but I've heard shoulders are a tougher recovery. Good luck, do what your therapist says, and have an honest conversation with him/her about what exercises you can push harder on and which you can't. Some exercises will knock you back if you overdo them.

I'd be happy to take you for a ride, and my wife and I would be happy to have dinner or a weekend lunch. It's tough meeting new people when you move, add COVID and it has to suck.

PS: We've both had our shots :thumb

Ride

No, the surgery is not all that far away! If I knew anyone around here who rides and willing to take passengers, I just might ask to ride pillion! Alas, the other Covid interruption - haven't been able to get out TO meet anyone. Ah, well. The shoulder thing will end. I am still holding out hope that I will be able to ride this coming fall. LOL, wouldn't want to ride right now anyway - it's friggin' snowing!! :eek :confused:

Silver Girl,

I'm in Longmont, and often ride CO 14 (and others)! Many times I've wished for a camera operator, the LT is reasonably comfortable for a passenger (according to my wife). ;)

Send me a P.M.

P.S. Both my wife and I are "fully vaxed".

Book recommendation

Louise:

Thank you for the recommendation. Do you know where I can find this book?

Louise

Almost ready to ride...

To those of you who replied to my original posts I apologize that I sorta disappeared. It's been tough going for me since the reverse total shoulder replacement surgery last May. Real slow going with the PT which has been a major factor in my getting rather down about a lot of things over the course of this past year. By last September I was not ready to get back on my toy. A huge bummer. But... I have been doing the PT every darn day since last May. Am working with a second therapist at this point. Recently, I got my bike into the shop for a check-up on it's general health and to get maintenance done. I've also sent my Wilbers shocks to get their long overdue maintenance done and have sent both my Aerostich and Motoport gear off to get repairs/mods taken care of. These are all because I fully expect to get back to riding for some of this season - early season and then later season with a break in the middle. I am optimistic this time of finally getting back to riding!

Because I've now been out of riding for 2.5 seasons I am planning to actually do MSF BRC training as a first step to getting back to the riding that I love so much. I've narrowed the locations down to three training providers: Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School at the IMI Motorsports Sports Complex in Dacono, Motorcycle Rider Training Center in Lakewood, and Clutch Motorcycle School in Loveland. I'd love to hear about experiences with any of these places that folks may have had. I am sort of leaning towards training with Ricky Orlando due to their being at a track setting and appears to have a lot of space to use.

Thanks in advance!

Louise

Have not seen a follow-up from you Louise, since March 22'. How are you doing? And will you be riding/attending the 51st TOR Rally in a couple weeks in Paonia?

overdue follow-up

Have not seen a follow-up from you Louise, since March 22'. How are you doing? And will you be riding/attending the 51st TOR Rally in a couple weeks in Paonia?

I don't know about TOR.

The update is that I got back on the bike, finally, last August after an unexpected surgery needed at the end of May (not related to the shoulder). This season I've only been out on the bike a few times. Raining, raining, raining and up here in almost WY usually there are horrendous winds with these storm cells that come rollicking thru. Just really not enthused to ride and El Nino ain't helpin'. I've also done something to a knee after saving myself from going head over heels down the stairs at home but I may say to heck with that and just get on the damned bike. Similar to what I did a couple weeks ago about the rain and got wet. I felt better after that ride in spite of the rain. :) Intellectually I know I will enjoy a ride... it's just getting myself to do it!!

So, that's where I'm at. You asked and I really appreciate it, too!

Louise

Back