• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Eight months and 4500 miles

dgweez

Greetings again from North Carolina! It’s now been eight months since I purchased my or 1250 GS HP and I’m a little ashamed to admit that I’ve only put on 4500 miles. During that time, I was able to make the trek down to South Carolina two take the two day off-road class at the BMW Performance Driving Center. I can’t recommend this enough! It was a great time and I met a bunch of really good guys. If you haven’t done it and are thinking about it, by all means do it, just make sure that you rent their bike. We absolutely beat the **** out of those bikes. The experience and education that I got has transferred to all of my riding on road and off. I can’t wait to plan my next big motorcycle trip, although at this point with the pandemic in full effect, it is difficult to imagine what that will look like.
I would love to make it to Montana next year and hopefully meet some of you all. Stay safe!

Not sure why you're ashamed- that's over 500 miles a month. I bought a 1250GS at about the same time as you, and have 4400 miles on mine. Thought I was doing pretty good.

Welcome from the coast of Kansas. In this extraordinary year, I believe your time and mileage are commendable. Congratulations.

I'm hunkered down, waiting on a vaccine. I'm 70 and more vulnerable, my wife has medical issues and is even more vulnerable than I am. All I've done is run errands around town, traveled to some medical appointments, and done some relatively short joy rides. Saving my tires for the Great Falls trip.

Harry

Mirroring all those comments. I shoot to burn a set of skins a season, about 6 months if I'm lucky. All I managed was to burn the **** on the chicken strips.

No place to go, best restaurants closed/out of business, can't blast to Fargo or Grand Forks for a Friday bad steak and restrictions here.

You got on your bike and road what you could, be happy!

Check out this Covid-19 riding plot.

I bought the bike in April 2018 with 6,200 miles on it. I'm guessing it was a garage queen for the first owner (he only put about 2k on it in two years of ownership). You can see where the 2nd owner bought and actually rode it more around the end of 2016 but even he only put 4k on it in two years. Then I got it and it was my daily commuter and weekend rocket. That curve sure flattened out there starting in March when we started working from home full time. 2,203 three miles for all of 2020 ad only 1,475 since mid-April. God, 2020 sucks in just so many ways...

Funny thing is I stocked up on my 24k service items (oil, filters, etc.) back in April thinking I'd hit it in June or July. Ha, the universe got one over on me easy...

2013 R1200RT Mileage.jpg

Back