• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dead Battery caused fuel gauge problem

tucoriley

Hello

Due to my dumb move of leaving my keyturned on in my K1600 GTL my battery went dead. After recharging the battery my dash shows a Service icon and an empt fuel tank. The fuel tank in full. Is there something that needs to be reset? I do not want to proceed until I know I will not mess up anything. I have a motoscan app.

Regards

Neil

The service light is showing because the bike lost the date when the battery was dead.
If you have a BMW Navigator put it in the mount and turn on the ignition. This will reset your clock and date.

Service Light

The service light is showing because the bike lost the date when the battery was dead.
If you have a BMW Navigator put it in the mount and turn on the ignition. This will reset your clock and date.

I reset the date and the service light went out. The fuel gauge and Range indicator showing 0km and No fuel. Is it possible that the bike has to be in motion before fuel is registered? It appears to me when filling the tank at a gas station it always takes a few seconds of movement to register the fuel level. Fuel gauge.jpg

Last edited:
Back