• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

F750GS Touratech Progressive Suspension Upgrade

jbtex

I'm considering upgrading the suspension on my F750GS with a Touratech/HyperPro kit and am looking for some input.

I recently had to replace the fork seals on my wife's G310GS and am familiar with the process on that model since it has upside-down forks. However, the F750GS has standard telescopic forks and after removing the top caps on the forks, I don't see how to get to the springs from that side. Looking at the fiche on realoem.com, there is a fillister-head screw on the bottom of the fork, which I assume is part of the solution.

So, the question is: Has anyone taken those forks apart and can lend some advice?

Here's the link to the fiche: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sh...8-K80-BMW-F_750_GS_0B08,_0B18_&diagId=31_1403

I'm doing just that. I will let you know Maybe after the MOA rally. :) I have the dealer doing it.

I decided to transition up to an R1250GS and sell the F750GS, which I'm prepping for sale right now. I subsequently returned the spring set, so never had a chance to see how the upgrade performs.

I think it's a wise choice to let your dealer do it. After looking up the process on the DVD repair manual, it was clear what is involved. Still, quite a bit of work and may even require a specialty tool. So, good choice to have someone do it for you.

Let us know what you think when it's done. :)

We just needed to trade bikes, LOL :) :scratch

Did you trade in an R1250GS for the F750GS?

I thought about keeping the 750 just in case my experience with the 1250 is less than what I expected. However, I'm loving the bigger GS so far. I'm sure as I get older I'll move back to a lighter GS, but for now, I want to do the 750 justice and pass it to another good home.

Back