• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Racer Gloves USA

michelfg

Has anyone purchased gloves from Racer USA? I did a search and found a couple of mentions. Great reviews on his website but you know how that works. So if you did what do you think ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Racer gloves and have had for a number of years to the point I'm looking for newer ones. They've worked fine. Racer gloves are made in Austria ... Racer USA is the American sales agent.

The only gloves worth wearing, of course, start near $200 from any brand.

Everyone needs the same protection racers always have. This includes for sure a strap to tighten the glove where wrist meets balls of hand, including a flap to protect that strap. This serves to prevent gloves from coming off (probably partially) when sliding down road. Knuckle protection, of course, fingers 4-5 sewn together, most likely kangaroo leather on palms. Lots of little metal or hard plastic slider buttons. Made in America and deerskin are not useful descriptors.

I recall a MotoGP race a couple years ago at Bahrain, where the race is at night. Stephan Bradl crashed and rolled and slid across the gravel trap. Sparks were coming from his gloves.

I recently read a review of Racer gloves that the reviewer said were the best he's ever owned.

I bought a pair of Racer gloves at the Oregon rally in 2019, finally wearing them this fall. They're not bad, I have the gauntlet style and they're of decent quality.

The thing I miss on my pair of Racer gloves is the little squeegee finger-thingy for wiping the face shield. None of the Racer gloves that were being sold on that day had the squeegee. I should've passed, as I find that little device almost a necessity in the Pacific Northwest.

I wore my BMW 2-in-1 gloves until my left thumb wore a hole through the outside fabric, then moved on to the new Racers... for now. I kinda like the 2-in-1's. YMMV.

I bought a pair of Racer gloves at the Oregon rally in 2019, finally wearing them this fall. They're not bad, I have the gauntlet style and they're of decent quality.

The thing I miss on my pair of Racer gloves is the little squeegee finger-thingy for wiping the face shield. None of the Racer gloves that were being sold on that day had the squeegee. I should've passed, as I find that little device almost a necessity in the Pacific Northwest.

I wore my BMW 2-in-1 gloves until my left thumb wore a hole through the outside fabric, then moved on to the new Racers... for now. I kinda like the 2-in-1's. YMMV.

Thanks I wondered about that. So basically your average higher end glove like Klim? They don’t have the squeegee either.

Thanks I wondered about that. So basically your average higher end glove like Klim? They don’t have the squeegee either. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Higher end, perhaps, but I can’t compare to Klim as the Racers I have are cooler weather sporty touring.

The Klim gloves I have are shorty mesh for dirty roads. The do have a little squeegie, but the inside liner prematurely came away after only several outings.

I’ve never been a fan of any Klim clothing (oversized logo on overpriced clothing), and these gloves reinforce my prejudice against that particular brand. I’ve had better luck with BMW branded gloves.

Higher end, perhaps, but I can’t compare to Klim as the Racers I have are cooler weather sporty touring.

The Klim gloves I have are shorty mesh for dirty roads. The do have a little squeegie, but the inside liner prematurely came away after only several outings.

I’ve never been a fan of any Klim clothing (oversized logo on overpriced clothing), and these gloves reinforce my prejudice against that particular brand. I’ve had better luck with BMW branded gloves.

Which Racer glove did you get? I was looking at the Tour FHH for colder riding.

Which Racer glove did you get? I was looking at the Tour FHH for colder riding.

I have the Multi Top 2. Black cowhide uppers with the yellow (I think it’s ’roo) palms. Definitely cooler weather gloves, but I haven’t had the opportunity to test them in really cold temperatures.

I don't nor will wear cowhide gloves. Once soaked they are throw aways. Deerskin/elkskin? No such issues with gloves getting wet an needing to be replaced.

Back