Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hummer EV

Thumbs up Electric truck

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I think an all electric vehicle should be applauded, not ridiculed actually. Yes it is expensive. Yes it is audacious. So were the first internal combustion engine equipped vehicles back two turns of the century ago. The times they are a changing, for sure. Hang on. It is going to be a wild ride.
    I think they're getting there. The price will come down eventually. Based on what I see, and ONLY what I see on the video, it's come a long way. Not quite ready to trade in my diesel for towing the camper yet, but they are getting oh so close. The torque and horsepower numbers are really impressive, I am looking forward to that, electric is the way to go. Don't know what the weight is, the tail wagging the dog isn't such a nice feeling.

Jerry
    Best Regards,
    Jerry Trepanier
    Augusta, MI
    2006 ST1300, 2010 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by jerryab9rj View Post
    I think they're getting there. The price will come down eventually. Based on what I see, and ONLY what I see on the video, it's come a long way. Not quite ready to trade in my diesel for towing the camper yet, but they are getting oh so close. The torque and horsepower numbers are really impressive, I am looking forward to that, electric is the way to go. Don't know what the weight is, the tail wagging the dog isn't such a nice feeling.

Jerry
    Down here in southwest Texas there could be a big market for electric 3/4 ton work trucks. Several but not too many miles a day, on the ranches. They need to be nice but not fancy at a price that competes with the Ford F250 or Chevrolet 2500 work trucks. Plug them in back at the headquarters or the line camp when the day's work is done. And they will be ready to go in the morning. I suspect this is true for a lot of ranch and farming country and for many other applications where the hauling ability is needed but the daily miles are minimal like say, for example, the typical local construction, plumbing, electrician, or HVAC business in an urban area.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    36654 called it right-
    It took me 60-yrs, but I finally got something right.........

I'm feeling ....... GOOD!