• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

TPMS Question

doug30995

I have an extra set of wheels for my 2017 GSA, and according to the GS-911, I have the ability to have two sets of TPMS's, set "A" and set "B". when I use the GS-911, it only shows option for one set. I'm I missing something? The TPMS's that I have for the second set of wheels are OEM from BMW. Thanks for your help in advance. The only option that I have on the GS-911 is the XRDC which only allows for one set of TPMS.

The bike will remember 2 sets of TPMS once they are captured by the bike. If you have never had a second set of TPMS sending units, then the bike MAY pick them up and keep them in memory within the RDU.
If your bike does not pick them up then here is the procedure to have them recognized, or to add additional TPMS senders if one of your existing units needs replacement.

https://youtu.be/4HAnT58b2DY
R1200RTW%20TPMS%20Programing%20with%20the%20GS-911-M.jpg

There might also be some information about configuring your rims, or what rims are usable from other BMW bikes here:
https://youtu.be/ZS8eZdVaCGU
R1200RTW%20Alternate%20Front%20and%20Rear%20Rims-M.jpg

Thank You Boxflyer. In fact, I used your video to setup the second set of sending units in my spare wheels. With using the GS-911, I thought I was knocking out my original sending units, replacing with the new ones, I had no indicators that both sets were captured. On the GS-911 website videos, it shows Set "A" and "B" sensors, which I never saw.

It is bike specific as to whether or not the RDC can store just 1 set of TPMS sending units or 2 sets.
I think that's the difference in display on the GS-911.

So, even if you have seen the page you did the screen snapshot on the Hexcode site, your GS, or my RT may or may not be able to remember the second set of rims.

I'll look at my computer screen again when hooked up with the GS-911 to see if I have the Set A and Set B as you show in your screen snapshot.

I just hooked up my GS-911 to my '16RT…although I know my bike will keep 2 separate FR and 2 separate RR TPMS sending units in the RDC memory, I only get the option to "Learn or Manually Input" a 6 or 7 digit serial number for a different TPMS sending unit.

I have successfully swapped tires/rims from the last set of TPMS sending units and the bike automatically displays the correct info without using the GS-911 to input anything.

I have never seen the screen you show with both A and B sets displayed.

Hope this helps.

I guess it stores the two sets, then recognizes the set of sensors that you are changing out. I just won't see the "A" and "B" as displayed on the GS-911 screen shot that I posted. Thanks again for your help.

I got ahold of Ted Porter at the Beemer Shop, where I purchased the GS911 from, and he said my 2017 GSA LC can only support one set of TPMS sensors at a time. That's why I can't load set "A" and "B".

Back