• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300GT Firmware Versions

gtrider

I’ve done all the service on my GT since 18k miles. After a recent service I ran a GS-911 autoscan to check firmware levels on the electronic modules. I didn’t find a firmware version listed for any of the modules but did find this:

BMS-KP2 ECU module:
Factory I-Level: K024-09-08-560
Actual I-Level: K024-09-08-570

That same information was listed for the CAN-Kombi H/L and XFE-High modules. To me, it looks like a minor update was applied at the 18k service, years ago. I’m wondering if it might be worth an hour’s service charge to have the bike connected to the dealer’s computer and check for updates, especially on ECU and ABS. Anyone know what the most current firmware version/date would be?

Thx,
DeVern

Back