• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Happy to Have Found You All!

slind

Hello!

Got my G650GS this year and I couldn't be happier with it. I've been riding on & off since I was about six years old. Just got back in the saddle from having taken a break for several years. Getting comfortable and confident again.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new bike! My son has the same model (2009) and loves it. I almost bought one, too, because I was so impressed with the packaging of that bike. (But in the end I found a good deal on an F700GS.) Enjoy the ride!

Slind - Welcome to the MOA and the Forum! There's lots of good information here and some very helpful people. What part of the world are you from?

Current RT owner, have owned a 2001 F650GS... excellent bike. Welcome to the club don’t hesitate to reach out to the staff or volunteers if you need anything. The club is here for you.

7E81AB13-91AB-4904-95FD-CFB80210AFD1.jpg

Hello!

Got my G650GS this year and I couldn't be happier with it. I've been riding on & off since I was about six years old. Just got back in the saddle from having taken a break for several years. Getting comfortable and confident again.

Yes, welcome! Glad you are enjoying your GS650GS!

Slind - Welcome to the MOA and the Forum! There's lots of good information here and some very helpful people. What part of the world are you from?

Born in raised in San Diego, but have been in Boise, Idaho for the last 20 years.

Born in raised in San Diego, but have been in Boise, Idaho for the last 20 years.

Good to hear, slind. One of my pals is a SFPD officer and he's got a nice home for his retirement (soon) in Boise. Unfortunately, he's not a motorcyclist...yet. That's getting to be a very popular place, which probably has had a dramatic effect on housing prices.

Anyway, I'm sure there's lot of good riding out there.

Wilkommen slind!

Just happen to be visiting your hometown this week (2,200 mi to the west), but here's hoping ya love living in the northern woods of da good ol' USofA. You've picked a Gr8 starter bike to get back into the swing of things. Mrs HSV rode a G-GS throughout Tuscany and Corsica for our 10th anniversary. T'was a wonderful trip, but she found the saddle way too Grande for her stature! Much prefers her slim F650GS Twin! :thumb Actually, we took the only two Beemers left in the inventory in Milan, and it was good that I brought our Nav VI GPS cause the Brazilians took everything else in stock...

So, enjoy your time with your chosen GS [maybe later you'll shop for something a tad bigger to tour on]. That said, assuming they actually have an MOA Rally in 2021, U Won't Have Very Far to Go, will you... And as I often say, don't overlook the Return On Investment of good motorcycle instruction/coaching (both on-road & off-road). Our skills do get rusty over many months & years. AND add extra LED lights for some additional conspicuity!!! The cagers are more distracted than ever before, so help them to see your small motorcycle. The 82 year olde VA gentleman didn't see my gigantic LT with extra PIAA lites a'blazin... At least I was surgically repaired...

Take Care and enjoy the remainder of Autumn up there in Boise!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Back