• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New from Ohio

ridesolo

Hi, greetings from north central Ohio. Several years ago I was involved with the old Honda Sport Touring Association and enjoyed several BMW test rides at our annual STAR events. I was hooked for sure but finances, circumstances, and other matters prevented me from being able to fulfill the dream of ownership. Over the years my interest changed from the Bricks to Oilheads and I got the opportunity to get an extremely well maintained '04 R1150R Rockster with only 7500 miles on the clock. Yeah, I know the Rockster isn't the most popular variation of the R1150R, but I'm very happy with it.

Welcome from the coast of Kansas. We're a great bunch of people with lots of riding experience, which we love to share. Also, if you have any technical issues, someone on this forum can answer your question. Good luck and thanks for joining us.

OK, my Rockster...

Let's see your Rockster. :)

image55.jpeg

This was taken when I brought it home.

And then THIS is what it looked like three days later after I hit a deer! Didn't go down! Gotta love the ABS! Hit the brakes then hit the deer then wobble, wobble and on down the road I went. I did stop to pick up what was left of the fender tip. I hope that some day a hunter gets himself a deer and discovers a hunk of carbon fiber in her left hip!

image60.jpeg

It has since been replaced but the memory remains.

That is an adventurous way start your rides on the Rockster. I like the color. Most of the ones I see have the green effects.

That is an adventurous way start your rides on the Rockster. I like the color. Most of the ones I see have the green effects.
Thank you, I like it too! I just wish they had made that matte black paint more durable! It scratches way too easy!

when you tire of the Rockster I'll take her.......................

jason
Ha! Before I even got home with it the guy I bought it from sent a text saying that if I ever want to sell it he'd buy it back. He had gotten a Boxter and his wife told him he could keep the Beemer or the Boxter but not both. He had it for 12 years and only put 6k miles on it. I'm not planning to let it out of my sight for a long time.

Back