• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 RT Putting together a Toolkit.

westcoastkevin

Firstly. I apologize. I am sure this exists in some form.
I was fishing through the 2011 R1200Rt that I recently got.
It looks like some of the toolkit bits are missing. See pictures.

Given that I will be doing the 12,000 mile service over the winter, I might need to get a few things for this bike.
I see that there is a lot of room behind the passenger seat. I would like to just make up an onboard toolkit to put there.

Now, I already have a garage full of tools.

I did get the moto scan app and an OBD connector so I can reset the service light and do some basic investigation.
I need to get a little tool for the oil filler cap. (not that it stopped me topping off the oil)
I might need that coil puller tool.
I might need some special tools for the valve clearance check (I am not sure)

So the questions:
1. Is there any write up or list I can reference to see what you all have done?
2. Is there a tool list for any special tools needed for the 12k service?
3. Is there anything I should know to ask, but am not asking?
Regards,
Kevin

Attachments

• Toolkit from manual.png
    Toolkit from manual.png
    180 KB · Views: 69
  • 20201020_105403.jpg
    20201020_105403.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 68
Firstly. I apologize. I am sure this exists in some form.
I was fishing through the 2011 R1200Rt that I recently got.
It looks like some of the toolkit bits are missing. See pictures.

Given that I will be doing the 12,000 mile service over the winter, I might need to get a few things for this bike.
I see that there is a lot of room behind the passenger seat. I would like to just make up an onboard toolkit to put there.

Now, I already have a garage full of tools.

I did get the moto scan app and an OBD connector so I can reset the service light and do some basic investigation.
I need to get a little tool for the oil filler cap. (not that it stopped me topping off the oil)
I might need that coil puller tool.
I might need some special tools for the valve clearance check (I am not sure)

So the questions:
1. Is there any write up or list I can reference to see what you all have done?
2. Is there a tool list for any special tools needed for the 12k service?
3. Is there anything I should know to ask, but am not asking?
Regards,
Kevin

I have a 2013, and do all my services. Here’s my little notepad I put together myself. You will need feeler gauges, and I found an excel spread online called the “Shimulator”. Plug in gap clearances along with size of shim, and it spits out part number of shim needed.

Beamer Service

Oil Filter, fill to bottom of thread before putting on. Torque 11 Nm. Drain plug 32Nm

Tranny fill/drain plug 30 Nm

Final Drive 180mL or 6.087 fl. ounces T45 tool
Drain plug 20 nm
Fill 20 Nm

Rear wheel torque value 60Nm

Valve cover torque 10Nm

Exhaust (front)Feeler Gauges .30-.40mm range last one that fits, and last one that will not is the range
Intake (back) Feeler Gauge .13 to .23mm range

Spark Plugs 12 Nm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back