• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Is this the only good MC forum?

What are the best BMW forums?

• BMWMOA

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Pelican Parts

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • phorum - General BMW discussion

• other

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • MRN (bmwsporttouring.com)

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Advrider

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Horizons Unlimited

• r1150r.net

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • i-bmw.com

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • chromeheads.org

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • jugheads.org

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

dannyleo

I've been all over the web and this seems to be the best organized forum I've found. The Pelican Parts R1100S also works well for me but I was wondering what the consensus was. I guess this is my poll question, "What's the best BMW forum?" Now for the real stickler, I've also got an 02 XL883R Sportster. Yeah, I know, sucks to be me, but it's not how good you are, it's how good you look. (I just wish I was 20 and 20, 20 lbs lighter and 20 years younger!) Anyway, does anyone know of a similar quality forum for Sportsters? Thanks, I hope Harley isn't a nasty word here, I've already looked at the 'doghouse' pic on this forum and I don't want to be that guy!

Last edited:
I didn't know we were competing. I thought that was one of the the things that made BMW riders different, we ride for the pleasure and sake of riding and cameraderie (sp?), not competing. Of course, on the other hand, I did buy an R1100S Boxer Cup....

For pure crazy, laugh your socks off, unmoderated fun you can not beat the Canadian Rider forum.

We're all a little nuts there, more like hanging out at a java joint with your riding buds than anything else.

And we welcome all makes, all nations, all genders, all ages, all lifestyles... great place!

OK, I hate to do this, but I like a couple of other forums. One is the Pelican Parts forum, which is terrific if you have an S bike.

The other is the AdvRider forum. I hate to point people over there, because, well, it's different than this one. I've met a lot of the folks that inhabit that peculiar parallel universe and they are universally top notch. It's mostly oriented around GSs and various off road/unpaved road adventures. They may have the best trip reports ever written. I can only hope that the community here starts to develop trip reports like I've seen over there. Dizave has set the standard over here.

But - you guys remember where home is eh?

:):

Is this the only good motorcycle forum??

"But - you guys remember where home is eh?"

By God, Dave, I believe you spoke C A N A D I A N !!!!!!!

dannyleo said:
I've also got an 02 XL883R Sportster. Yeah, I know, sucks to be me, but it's not how good you are, it's how good you look. (I just wish I was 20 and 20, 20 lbs lighter and 20 years younger!) Anyway, does anyone know of a similar quality forum for Sportsters?

I found this one, but I didn't read any of it, so I don't know if it's good or bad, but it's a forum.

When it comes to the R1200C there is only one site. That would be Jugheads. This is the forum that all others are judged by. We have:

1.) Live Chat
2.) A BMW Photo Gallery of every Beemer ever made.
3.) Rumor has it there is a CD floating around with all the BMW parts and #'s
4.) Hammer's Links (nuff said)
5.) A bunch of real bikers that like to share their experiences in the real world.

Last but not least:

Free speech is not just tolerated it is demanded. You won't get any warnings from us, no gentle nudge's just say what is on your mind. Welcome to the adult world of motorcycling. www.jugheads.org

Wolf said:
When it comes to the R1200C there is only one site. That would be Jugheads. This is the forum that all others are judged by. We have:

I was wondering where you guys were. :)

Also, I like the Yankee Beemers' message board. It's not as fully featured as the forum here, but it's still fun.

dave

When you guys have something to contribute, absolutely. When you come over to try and get some trouble going, not so much. ;)

fish put you guys up on the poll, right?

:)

Fish we are not just on the poll we are tied for second place. Not bad for a little start up forum less than a year old.

We're just a little old forum for those non-conformist riders who live outside the vacuum of the R-bike surge.............

Back