• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Is CycleWorks in Missouri still in business?

mcmlcccvrs

I have been trying to reach CycleWorks in Blue Springs, Missouri, for the last couple of weeks. They don't respond to several emails and I can't reach them by phone. There is something I want to order but need to speak to them. Does anyone here know if they are still in business or if something is up?

It looks like the Cycle Works (Blue Springs, MO) website is still active. However, if you look in Google Maps for "Cycle Works, Blue Springs, MO" it's not listed. There are plenty of other motorcycle and bicycle businesses listed in Blue Springs.

I've observed that when companies go out of business, disappearance from Google Maps is frequently the first indication that it's not operating any more.

As stated before, Dan at Cycleworks had to go back to a 9-5 job and run the business on the side. But that still doesn't explain why he can't and hasn't answered emails or other contacts. The address on the website is 5405 SW US Highway 40 in Blue Springs, MO. A street view of that location appears to be a small set of strip stores.

I've observed that when companies go out of business, disappearance from Google Maps is frequently the first indication that it's not operating any more.[/QUOTE]

Duly noted. I would expect that if he is truly out of business then the ability to order and check-out would be disabled, which it isn't.

I've observed that when companies go out of business, disappearance from Google Maps is frequently the first indication that it's not operating any more.

Duly noted. I would expect that if he is truly out of business then the ability to order and check-out would be disabled, which it isn't.[/QUOTE]

He has apparently "rightsized" his business to an at-home operation while he tries to make a living doing other things that pay him real money.

So my question to the OP is: What are you trying to buy that the very excellent BMW dealership, Engle Motors, at 6633 Truman Road in KCMO, only a few miles from Blue Springs can't get for you?

He has apparently "rightsized" his business to an at-home operation while he tries to make a living doing other things that pay him real money.

So my question to the OP is: What are you trying to buy that the very excellent BMW dealership, Engle Motors, at 6633 Truman Road in KCMO, only a few miles from Blue Springs can't get for you?

Well, Cycle Works makes airhead tools at reasonable prices. The BMW dealership does not.

Best.
Brook Reams

I bought a transmission flange puller from Cycle Works this past summer. Took about a week to get. Great tool.

That's good to hear. So should I just order something from his website and hope that I get it or wait until I hear from my unanswered emails? Not sure what to do here.

He has always come through for me every time I have ordered .. more than a half dozen times. I recall the unease not hearing any communication and wondering what is going on due to the processes we have all come to expect from most on line purchases. Heck, I may have even asked if he was still in business before, don't really recall.

I'm not making excuses for him, but I am sure glad to have his tools that will work for my potentially one time project, at a reasonable price. I've come to accept it will not be an overnight delivery, I may or may not get any communication before receiving the tools ordered, it may come in a week or 3 weeks. I trust I will receive what I ordered, I trust it will work for the designed application and I accept that the customer service communication I would prefer is not part of the deal. Hope that helps.

Hi Guys. Just letting you know that I did hear from Dan earlier today (Monday afternoon) and he is still in business.

Yes, Cycle Works is still in business

Yes, he is still in business, I ordered 10/28/2022 and received tools 11/10/2022 all good.

Back