• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1991 BMW R100GSPD Fuel Line

leafman60

My '91 GSPD still has its original fuel line which is a non-braided, somewhat thin-walled, black rubber/neoprene type hose.

I think I'd like to replace it with the same type hose instead of the more common braided cover black hose.

The part number for this hose appears to be : 13 11 1 338 115

But, I am not sure. Can anyone speak to this issue and give advice on obtaining this original type of non-braided fuel line?

Thanks in advance.

Fuel line

Any quality fuel line will work, you don't have to buy it from BMW an auto parts store will have it in stock by the foot.

If you are set on keeping the exact look of the BMW line, then of course, you will have to buy from them. St.

Oh yes. I realize that "any fuel line" will work. In fact, other types of hose would probably be better. However, I want to use the same thing that came on the bike just because I want to.

I am trying to ascertain how to obtain that original type hose.

Thanks for your reply, though.

You could try motobins.co.uk if you're not in a great big hurry {although they offer Air Express shipping}.
https://www.motobins.co.uk

It says under Fuel Tank and Fuel Supply:

FUEL HOSE
( Fabric Braided )
( Per metre )

Code: 95400 BMW: 07 11 9 988 819
Sold per meter ( 1 meter is enough for 1 motorcycle )

R60/6 | R75/6 | R90/6 | R90S | 1973 - 1976
R50/5 | R60/5 | R75/5 | 1970 - 1973

That's my 2 cents; worth every penny!
Ciao! HSV-Phil

Benchmark Works sells the braided line. Of course, Bing will too. I believe older VW bug shops also have the braided line.

OEM fuel line here:

From now until October 31st, 2020, take 15% OFF your entire order on the MAX BMW Parts Fiche.
Use offer code: 15OCT at check out for 15% off your order on the MAX BMW Parts Fiche.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke 1967

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=452XjnaHr1A

I very much appreciate the various postings trying to help me find braided line. Thanks, guys.

However, the braided covered line is not what I want. It is readily available here from a number of sources. I have some of it left over from past airhead projects. What I do want is the slick NON braided line that came stock on my 1991 R100GSPD.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke 1967

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=452XjnaHr1A

I very much appreciate the various postings trying to help me find braided line. Thanks, guys.

However, the braided covered line is not what I want. It is readily available here from a number of sources. I have some of it left over from past airhead projects. What I do want is the slick NON braided line that came stock on my 1991 R100GSPD.

I think you might be looking for Tygon fuel line, 7 mm I think. I would have expected the braided stuff originally though. I buy mine (Tygon) from Ted Porter @ the Beemer Shop. It's great fuel line, I use on all my bikes.

Last edited:
Orignial versus aftermarket

Sorry, just trying to save you a few bits on something. Mind you, in other things such as relays, other parts, and such, I will advise using BMW or BMW approved parts.

I don't worry about the fuel line looking pretty just that it lasts and doesn't cost an arm and leg to replace. It is your bike, good luck finding what you want. St.

I appreciate all the efforts.

I'll call Ted Porter and ask. This hose I seeking is the original BMW part. It was on my PD when purchased and I have verified that, indeed, on some bikes, for some reason this is the hose used instead of the braided.

Correct, the 115 is rubber. If you're local I think I have a meter left. Will check.

EDIT: it's looking like I don't have a full meter, just short bits. It is 6x11 rubber marked BMW >NBR/CMD/CR< , which is external fuel line.

Last edited:
Correct, the 115 is rubber. If you're local I think I have a meter left. Will check.

EDIT: it's looking like I don't have a full meter, just short bits. It is 6x11 rubber marked BMW >NBR/CMD/CR< , which is external fuel line.

Thanks, Anton. I'm not local but I can order it from BMW (I think).

Back