• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pics of the 2021 RT are emerging

A supplemental light pointed to the side is just going to light up the pavement one foot from the front wheel when leaned into a turn. Adaptive lighting will point the beam up and out into the direction of the turn. I have a pair a Denali's on my bike and they don't do diddly in terms of lighting up a curve.

I have always run my driving lights “cross eyed” for this reason-it helps raise the beam. RH light is aimed downroad at left shoulder of the road, LH light aimed downroad at right shoulder. Both lit on high beam, dipping to low beam drops out the RH light, both can be dropped out via the power switch. No issues with oncoming traffic.

Best,
DeVern

I wonder if the ACC hardware will be installed on every bike and be able to be 'activated' after purchase.

I can't see BMW building bikes at the factory where some have the hardware and some don't. It would make more sense IMO to install it on every bike similar to what Tesla does. That way any buyer can do an 'upgrade' after purchase.

From MaxBMW, the active headlight assembly for a five year old K1600GT is $2,300+. Just the xenon bulb alone is over $300. I don't think you'll be seeing prices drop. EVER.

Having said that, if I was going to buy one, I'd get that too. That's a real life-saving feature in my opinion.

View attachment 80857

I've found an even better life-saving option and it costs far less. I don't ride at night! What's the point? The riding risk is higher and enjoyment is far lower given you can't see your surroundings.

I've found an even better life-saving option and it costs far less. I don't ride at night! What's the point? The riding risk is higher and enjoyment is far lower given you can't see your surroundings.

Well, that's certainly one solution. :laugh

I guess my riding is all for pleasure and not commuting. With that, I find no benefit in riding at night since I can't enjoy the landscape and again, the risk factor increases.

Back