Thread: 2012 K1600GTL - Anyone installed a tow hitch to their K bike?

2012 K1600GTL - Anyone installed a tow hitch to their K bike?

I'm thinking I would like to do some moto-camping next year and like the look of some of the motorcycle trailer tents. Has anyone installed a trailer hitch on a K1600GTL? Any recommendations, tips, pros, cons?

Thanks in advance.

Checkout the K1600 forum website there are discussions about that subject over there.

Thanks.

Got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boogerman View Post
    Checkout the K1600 forum website there are discussions about that subject over there.

Quote Originally Posted by piperk1600gtl View Post
    I'm thinking I would like to do some moto-camping next year and like the look of some of the motorcycle trailer tents. Has anyone installed a trailer hitch on a K1600GTL? Any recommendations, tips, pros, cons?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I ride a 2018 GTL. I installed a hitch myself. It was not that hard. I research them all and eventually went with the hitch made by Bushtec. It was the most solid and easy to work with. The wiring took a little research to find the correct color code for my year of bike. There were four bolts I had to find that were longer because I have saddle bag protectors on my GTL. Other than that, it was very straight forward. I did not even have to remove the wheel to attach the hitch.

Hope that helps. Any questions feel free to shoot me an email at: pilotron46@gmail.com