• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hexhead Fuel Pump Recall; new one.

Recall Completed!

2011 R12RT...Called two weeks ago to get the ball rolling on this replacement. Called me back same day and said its gonna be a while for the part to come in. Suggested June....Ok no problem, currently not leaking, scheduled...Got a call today, part is on world wide back order, not sure your part will be here for the June appointment...call the week before to ensure the part is in stock...WWS!

My 2011 R12RT had this recall completion performed in the latter half of July...took them about an hour!
Got a call about a week before. Excellent - BMW Motorcycles of Urbana, IL.

I called my local, Garcia Moto, shortly after receiving my recall notice back in the Spring. I was told that they had used their inventory and to call back early the next month. I did, and still no pumps. The staffer suggested that I order one for my bike. Odd, because I thought they would keep track of that but anyway, I ordered one. Six weeks later, I called again to check on the status of my order. The staffer, a new guy, looked up my vin and said that there was never an order placed for me. He said that he would, and two weeks later, notified me that a pump was being held for me. I got my bike in, waited an hour, and left with a new pump. Sometimes, it just takes an employee that gives a ****, to get things right.

Doug

Back