Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Hexhead Fuel Pump Recall; new one.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxie View Post
    he was not happy it was towed in
    Why would they care how the bike got there?
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Depends how you interpret it - either he's unhappy that BMW paid for the tow, or maybe that dealer had to pay it and then file for reimbursement, and/or they have a dead bike taking up space until the part shows up.
    In the end, tho, it don't really matter...

I have a customer bike awaiting this replacement and the dealership tells me they are months behind on the availability of new pumps.
    Anton Largiader 72724
    Tech articles - YouTube
    Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt BMW motorcycle service and repair in central Virginia

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I have never seen a “real” picture of one of these pump assemblies. Many times the actual pump can be crossed to a sub-assembly actual pump from a company like Airtex.
    Maybe an owner doesn’t want to sorta do it twice but may save the riding season.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I have never seen a “real” picture of one of these pump assemblies. Many times the actual pump can be crossed to a sub-assembly actual pump from a company like Airtex.
    Maybe an owner doesn’t want to sorta do it twice but may save the riding season.
    OM
    My bike is having various issues with the fueling and surging. I will not ride it because it is dangerous the way it is. The last time I rode it the engine cut our in the middle of a large intersection. Not good. It did restart and I got it moving but it died again, but I was able to pull the clutch in and get out of the intersection. I do have a second bike so the riding season is not lost. I would have purchased a new RT if they had one in stock but my dealer has presold the ones coming in. My dealer is also backed with service for 2.5 months. This happened with all the recalls that BMW has had. I know that the entire motorcycle industry is a bit crazy not. Even the big Harley dealer that always had about 30 to 50 new bikes and 50-75 used bikes, they are lucky if they have 10 new bikes. The huge showroom is empty and Harley is not shipping many bikes out to them.

Fuel Pump Flange Failure

Quote Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
    I have a customer bike awaiting this replacement and the dealership tells me they are months behind on the availability of new pumps.
    I'm also told parts not available for my 2011 R1200RT.

I will never ride enough

Recall Completed!

Quote Originally Posted by SPCLED View Post
    2011 R12RT...Called two weeks ago to get the ball rolling on this replacement. Called me back same day and said its gonna be a while for the part to come in. Suggested June....Ok no problem, currently not leaking, scheduled...Got a call today, part is on world wide back order, not sure your part will be here for the June appointment...call the week before to ensure the part is in stock...WWS!

My 2011 R12RT had this recall completion performed in the latter half of July...took them about an hour!
    Got a call about a week before. Excellent - BMW Motorcycles of Urbana, IL.

SPCLED

2011 R1200RT

I called my local, Garcia Moto, shortly after receiving my recall notice back in the Spring. I was told that they had used their inventory and to call back early the next month. I did, and still no pumps. The staffer suggested that I order one for my bike. Odd, because I thought they would keep track of that but anyway, I ordered one. Six weeks later, I called again to check on the status of my order. The staffer, a new guy, looked up my vin and said that there was never an order placed for me. He said that he would, and two weeks later, notified me that a pump was being held for me. I got my bike in, waited an hour, and left with a new pump. Sometimes, it just takes an employee that gives a ****, to get things right.

Doug
    Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

Gave my recall letter to my nearest dealer July 13th, haven't heard anything. Will go see them Friday.