• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Center stand issue

phrip

I recently had the HES replaced, and since the bike came back from the shop, the center stand no longer works. It was perfect a week ago - now the bike is always just about ready to roll forward off the stand. Never was an issue before. I have to leave on side stand as the center stand is dangerously unreliable. A very gentle push on the tail would shove the bike off the stand.

Has anybody experienced this - with our without other work being done on the bike?

What might be the issue? Like I said, it was totally fine before.

Mike

Take it back to the shop and ask them to check it. I don’t believe there is anything in that area of the bike that would be involved with an HES replacement, tho.

Best,
DeVern

Take it back to the shop and ask them to check it. I don’t believe there is anything in that area of the bike that would be involved with an HES replacement, tho.

Best,
DeVern

:thumb The HES is behind the front cover behind the crankshaft alternator belt pulley. I can not think of anything related to an HES replacement which would effect the center stand in any manner. So I agree you should have the shop check it out. But before you do carefully look for a rock or other obstruction that keeps the stand from extending fully.

.......carefully look for a rock or other obstruction that keeps the stand from extending fully.

I once had a similar issue. Turned out one of the bolts securing the stand to the frame had backed out. Retighteniing it solved the problem.

Back