• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What experience with Sargent Saddle on Wethead...

motodan

specifically, does the design cut into your legs when at standstill? Does the seat require you to move forward when putting your legs down so the seat doesn't intruded too far into back of legs?

Edit: Specifically for an RT.

Last edited:
specifically, does the design cut into your legs when at standstill? Does the seat require you to move forward when putting your legs down so the seat doesn't intruded too far into back of legs?
Not on the RS tall seat

Yes, at first anyway.

I noticed it quite a bit when my saddle was new. Over time it has either "broken in" or I have gotten use to it. I never notice it any more and I can ride twice as long (or longer) with the Sargent seat over the stock seat.

I have the Sargent front and rear heated seat on my 2018 R1200RTw. I only rode with the stock seat for about 50 miles on a test ride on the demo bike then about 7 miles on my newly purchased bike. From past experience my butt finds that BMW bikes have a great 1hr and 45 min seat. Around the 2 hr mark the BMW seat is less great; around 4 hours I am standing on the pegs.

My Sargent saddle on the RTw is very comfortable for me and my wife. The seat does not bother me while riding or stopped. I have only used the heated feature a couple of times, but it worked well. I have the heated option that works with the BMW wobbly wheel on the left grip.

From past experience my butt finds that BMW bikes have a great 1hr and 45 min seat.

That’s a good way to put it. I found the Sargent good for about twice as long, as suggested by the previous post. But I wanted longer range, and bought a Russell, which I find is good for 6+ hours before I start shifting around.

A good thing about the Sargent is that it comes pre-made on its own seat pan. And there is a strong market for used Sargent seats. So, I rode my Sargent for a year and then sent my BMW seat to Russell and sold the Sargent when Russell sent their completed seat back to me.

Cap

I never had that problem ( I have a 32" inseam ) but Sargent also makes a low version for people with shorter legs. I had a Sargent seat on my 14RT for 88K miles and used the same seat on my 18RT which currently has 86+ K miles on it. This is the best seat I have ever had. A normal trip day for me is 12 hrs. or 800 miles which ever comes first, I have also put in 16 hr. 1K days with the Sargent seat with no problem. An excellent seat for the money you pay for it. When I get my new 2021RT next summer it will have a new Sargent seat on it before any long distance rides.

Had a Sargent on my 2006 RT and never had an issue but am 6'3" tall with 34" inseam. The Sargent was great for me on the '06 RT.

In addition the customer support from Sargent is excellent.

Back