• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Help please checking/replacing air filter

Illiya

Would someone please share with me the directions for replacing the air filter in a 2015 F800GT. I took off the top panel but do not see it there. I also searched on this forum but cannot find the directions. Thank you all very much.

From the parts fiche - it looks like both the ST and GT have the same replacement process. Here's a video of how to it (though I'd never go with a K&N):

I don't have this bike but there seems to be several videos on the internet on how to change the air filter.

Thank you so much for your assistance drneo66. The video shows me I need to take off not only the top panel, but the top left side and left side as well. Yes eydo, this is the reason I came here to the BMW MOA, for assistance finding such a video. Are you inferring I am wrong for coming here to seek assistance?

Thank you so much for your assistance drneo66. The video shows me I need to take off not only the top panel, but the top left side and left side as well. Yes eydo, this is the reason I came here to the BMW MOA, for assistance finding such a video. Are you inferring I am wrong for coming here to seek assistance?

No worries Illya, it seems that there is some K&N hate here on the forum. Other than that brand of filter hate, the gang here is pretty good at helping out.
Not much fun to do an air filter change on my F800GS either.
Good luck.
OM

They say you need to remove the side panels, but you don't. Just take off the top panel and you'll see the airbox cover, remove the four screws and it will come out by gently spreading the side panels. I've done it many times on my former F800GS and on my wife's ST.

No worries, glad to help. Maybe eydo didn't see my video?? :dunno

The last couple of times that I changed my air filter, I took off the other plastic pieces to rinse out the snorkel (amazing how much dust can accumulate in their) as it only take a couple more minutes to undo the other couple screws.

Back