• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RT alternate final drive ratios

What is your R1200RT final drive ratio?

• Stock (2.62)

Votes: 4 80.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Custom/Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

natrab

I just swapped my R1200RT final drive with an R1200Rs and I'm pretty pleased with the results. The gearing has subtly higher RPMs, but makes the bike get going and stabilized faster in low speed maneuvers. I don't commute as often, but I find the higher RPMs still tolerable for long distance riding, but enough of a change to make the bike a bit more fun around town. Having also had an RT-P (which had a lower 1st gear as well as a 2.75 FD) and a GS, I could see going further and swapping to a 2.91 FD in the future.

Anyone else swap to a different ratio FD on their R1200RT? Has anyone had a FD rebuilt with a custom ratio? I've heard Max BMW has some alternatives.

Most of my info come from this thread, so forgive me if anything is off.

Back