• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS 911 code 10422

dforbes

Bought a 2007 R1200gs Adventure a couple of weeks ago. Periodic rough idle and slightly rich smell, otherwise running great. Connected my gs911 got fault code 10442 which basically says oxygen sensor or evap canister fuse fault. Any ideas? I am leaning toward a grounded wire or connector. It is sending pulses to the o2 sensors #1 around 684 mv #2 around 640 at idle. Cannot clear the code because it is "still present". Carbon canister was removed by previous owner, but according to Klymer manual there is some sort of sensor on the back of the air box. Haven't removed the plastic yet to inspect, that will be a project for this evening. Just wondering if somebody has seen this code before and if it is possible that there is an o2 sensor fault. New to the gs 911 and BMW's so I am learning as I go.
Thanks
Danny

Last edited:
Danny -

When you get to the bottom of this, drop us a note here as to what you found! Might help someone else down the road. :thumb

Pretty sure I found it

Thanks OM. I am pretty sure I found the problem. Using combo of graph and other functions on the GS 911, looks like #2 O2 sensor is bad. On the graph the plot line for #2 is basically flat while the #1 graph varies the voltage showing peaks and valleys. Once the engine warms up the idle gets smoother. I am saying pretty sure because I am a newb with the GS 911 and still have lot to learn.
Thanks for replies
Danny

Great!
Some of those O2 sensors can be tricky to figure out. I have a Snap-On Solus diagnostic tool and have found the equation is-

1/3 the tool...

1/3 experience...

1/3 luck... :)

OM

Back