• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Coolant change and valve adjustment intervals

Illiya

Good day All. For my 2015 F800GT, what are the proper mileage or time intervals? Thank you for your replies.

It's in the back of the Rider Manual that comes with the bikes. 12k miles between valve checks and the coolant has no service interval, it's not even a listed service in the Factory Service manual. The coolant they are using should be good for over 100k miles or more. The procedure for changing coolant seems to only be listed in support of other services where the coolant had to be drained first such as replacing the radiator, water pump, etc. I suspect one of those things will always happen before the coolant is actually expired. When in doubt, you can always order test strips to check for additive loss.
If you don't have the original book from the bike you can download it here - https://www.bmw-motorrad.com/en/service/manuals/rider-manual.html

Not to steal/push you away from this site, but f800riders.org is a site specializing in your model of bike and those folks can provide a ton of input--some of it even useful--for you down the road. I follow threads on both this and f800riders with equal enthusiasm.

Good luck.

Better yet follow the Parallel Universe gang on ADVrider. Easily the most comprehensive forum on the GSs much of which applies to all F800s.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Better yet follow the Parallel Universe gang on ADVrider. Easily the most comprehensive forum on the GSs much of which applies to all F800s.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

ADV has a lot of info. Unfortunately many of the threads with real questions seem to build into who can post the cutest answers. A lot to wade through.
Let’s keep building the knowledge center here. airheads won’t last forever :eek
OM

ADV has a lot of info. Unfortunately many of the threads with real questions seem to build into who can post the cutest answers. A lot to wade through.
Let’s keep building the knowledge center here. airheads won’t last forever :eek
OM

Using the search function intelligently will ferret out relevant and useful info on even obscure technical topics and issues on ADVrider. When it comes to the F800s ADVrider is unrivalled. As to irrelevant and downright unhelpful commentary I have to say that this MOA forum is no better.

I am a fan and participant of both and I would encourage others to do likewise but when it comes to the highest probability of getting technical help ADVrider is the go to for F800s. Often when someone posts a question here I will respond with proven correct info that I first learned on ADVrider's Parallel Universe.

Using the search function intelligently will ferret out relevant and useful info on even obscure technical topics and issues on ADVrider. When it comes to the F800s ADVrider is unrivalled. As to irrelevant and downright unhelpful commentary I have to say that this MOA forum is no better.

I am a fan and participant of both and I would encourage others to do likewise but when it comes to the highest probability of getting technical help ADVrider is the go to for F800s. Often when someone posts a question here I will respond with proven correct info that I first learned on ADVrider's Parallel Universe.

I’ll be migrating over there when my annual subscription runs out here later this month. So far it seems like a decent bunch over there. I’ll miss the super knowledgeable folks here, but can’t justify paying the subscription to use this forum when others are available at no charge. Maybe I’ll “see” you there. 👍

I’ll be migrating over there when my annual subscription runs out here later this month. So far it seems like a decent bunch over there. I’ll miss the super knowledgeable folks here, but can’t justify paying the subscription to use this forum when others are available at no charge. Maybe I’ll “see” you there. 👍

I hope you like the ads.
OM

There's way more to the MOA than just the forum! The discounts that are included in the MOA membership actually more than pay for my dues each year... after the end of the month, I'm planning on starting some new "how to" threads and building up this section.

Back