• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

45th Falling Leaf Rally WILL be held

MrZip

THE RALLY WILL NOT BE CANCELLED. ALL MISSOURI CAMPGROUNDS ARE OPEN. THIS RALLY IS BEING HELD IN CRAWFORD COUNTY MO, WHERE THERE HAS BEEN VERY LITTLE COVID ACTIVITY.

Please join us for the 45th Falling Leaf Rally which will be held at BASS' River Resort in Steelville MO. To reserve a camping site and register for the rally please call the resort at: 573.786.8517. Also check out their website WWW.BASSRESORT.COM. For further information also ck out WWW.Gatewayriders.com/falling-leaf

Thanks...arriving Thursday afternoon! Please keep rain outside the county lines...at least while I pitch my tent ;-)

Mark

Have attended all but five of the Falling Leaf rallies. Passing this year. But, not because of Chinese flu. We'll be riding with friends having a mini rally elsewhere. No rally fee and no planned meals. Just good old comradery. Hope it's a great event for our friends of the Gateway club!

Can't make it this year but may be able to work it in next year with our Arkansas trip.
Looks like a nice site and I like the idea of cabins available on site.

I wonder how it all worked out; new & supposedly better rally site/amenities. Nice hot showers and all? Or even did it rain?

I wonder how it all worked out; new & supposedly better rally site/amenities. Nice hot showers and all? Or even did it rain?

When I checked their forecast on Friday it looked great.
The website for the grounds looked nice with available cabins.

Just got back a few hours ago aided by a 30+mph tailwind. Weather was spectacular...perfect! Only weather related thing was this morning's fog which lifted around 9:00am.

The Bass River resort is huge. People were spread out quite a bit with tent camping, RV camping, and cabins. The main event center where meals / coffee was served was built a couple years ago and nice...especially compared to the Potosi Lion's club pole barn building ;-)

Four separate shower / bathroom buildings which I thought worked out well and a huge improvement.

One bummer was 100% zero cell service if you're a Verizon customer. ATT had some coverage. No cell / txt made coordinating with others spread across the campgrounds tough.

Thumbs up from me on the new venue. Now they just have to lock in a long-term contract for the weather this year!

Kudos to Gateway Riders for hosting a successful rally during the Covid-Craziness of 2020!

Think everyone behaved responsibly {U certainly saw folks wearing masks or gaiters when in line for chow}. We believe it's a Personal Responsibility thing for us all to Go Along to Get Along... :thumb Most folks simply mingled outdoors {there were many campfire social groups}. The 'Latrines' may have been a step up from days gone by, but the shower arrangements need more attention! If they expect U to bring 4-bits for 5 minutes, there ought to be more hooks to hang stuff on, and adjustable shower heads so you don't hose down your clothing & shoes... Maybe things can be improved going into 2021 with some common sense upgrades.

Concur the "cell service" was next-to-nothing... Maybe get a mobile-repeater or rent a piece of telephonic equipment for that end of the campground...
Here's a few reduced-size pix from our stay. Thanks for going forward with the Rally!
Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen (with the obligatory camping wine receptacle}

Indeed, we visited two local wineries in the vicinity of Cuba, and bought local Vin.

"Event HQ"
chow-hall.jpeg

Another view with the Touring Pooch in the Ural sidecar...
Ural-pooch.jpeg

Westerly shot of general/public campgrounds
view-west.jpeg

Northerly view of campers & Beemers
view-north.jpeg

Mural of WWII local Heroes in Cuba: known as 'The City of Murals...'
WWII-mural.jpeg

Mrs-HSV Toasting a pretty RS in front of Family Resort camp store. Cheers Y'all! :wave
RS-square.jpeg

That is a very nice a looking Rally HQ... as I've ever seen!

The shower 'bungle' has made rally-goer news across America now.

Where the hell is common sense these days?

Back