• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best year for K1300GT?

brownie0486

I gave my 1200GT to my brother, now looking for a K1300.

What's the consensus from those in the know on the 1300GT. Years to stay away from, etc and why or years to consider and why

TIA

Only two years to choose from for a 1300 GT, 2009 and 2010. Buy the latest one that you can afford.

The 2009 and 2010 have a few updated features. It uses a float for fuel level instead of the strip. The airbox has been updated and there is a software update that deals with the engine cutoff problem when coming to a stop. There is also a recall for the fuel pump flange and the rear hub flange. There is a separate fix for the hot start issue not covered under recall.

The 2009 and 2010 have a few updated features. It uses a float for fuel level instead of the strip. The airbox has been updated and there is a software update that deals with the engine cutoff problem when coming to a stop. There is also a recall for the fuel pump flange and the rear hub flange. There is a separate fix for the hot start issue not covered under recall.

There are now two recalls for the fuel pump flange. The first was in Dec 2013 (NHTSA Campaign Number 13V617000) and now another has been issued, August 2020 (NHTSA Campaign Number 20V471000). The latest applies to bikes "that were repaired under recall 13V-617 with the support ring remedy and where the fuel pump was not replaced at a later date." The recall began in Oct 2020.

Back