• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2014 F800GS Seat Solution

protrainerusa

2013 F800GS Seat Solution

Let me start by saying that I love my bike and don't really want to trade it for a 1200; however, I am finding myself becoming uncomfortable due to the seat pushing me me forward. It is not that I am jammed up against the "tank" but rather the crotch of whatever pants I happen to be wearing. I have tried a Touratech seat and am currently using the BMW comfort seat (Which is actually a little more comfortable). I believe the problem is the forward angle of the seat as I just sat on a 1200 GSA and had the same issue until the sales guy adjusted the seat (front raised up while back lowered) and the problem was resolved. Does anyone have any solutions for the 800GS to creat a more leveled seat position?

Last edited:
Well, I've tried a whole bunch... other than switching to a new seat or having your existing one cut down, there's not much you can do.

By far the best is a Russell Day-Long seat. There's a reason why everyone loves them!

The Seat Concepts seat was pretty good, while the Corbin was never comfortable for me. The Corbin created what seemed like a pocket where I'd have to sit, which tilted my hips backwards, making my lower back ache after a while.

I'd also look at the new Airhawk seats with the integrated bladder, I'm betting they are also pretty good.

My 1200GS seat sucked bad, so don't think that trading bikes will solve everything. But then that's my butt. Sitting on a seat in the showroom for a few minutes tells you very little, that I know.

Don't be afraid to look at Sargent also. Unfortunately, a guy can throw a lot of money at seats. Best of luck to you.

That is quite an impressive and expensive seat collection you have got going there! It makes it clear that one reason the Russel seat is so comfortable is that it spreads the load out over a wider area, Question... is the Corbin seat a lowered version? Annie has a Corbin on her F800GS and it does not seem to have the pocket in the rider's seat that yours appears to have in the picture.

That is quite an impressive and expensive seat collection you have got going there! It makes it clear that one reason the Russel seat is so comfortable is that it spreads the load out over a wider area, Question... is the Corbin seat a lowered version? Annie has a Corbin on her F800GS and it does not seem to have the pocket in the rider's seat that yours appears to have in the picture.

The "pocket' was more of how it felt riding with it... but maybe it was my anatomy?

It was sold to me as the "Corbin Canyon Dual Sport" seat, which it appears is the only height they offer? :dunno

It’s been six years since we bought the same seat, but I seem to remember Corbin offered it in low, standard or tall versions. Yours sure looks different than Annie’s.

Renazco was renowned for their treatment of the KTM 640 seats in making the forward tilt less severe and narrowing the front to make it a little easier to reach the ground from a 37" seat height. I've done 15 hour days on mine. Plus almost all North Americans who ride the Dakar rally get their seats done by them too.

game changer
P5180001-L.jpg

I also have 2 for my 525, suede and vinyl
IMG_3811_heic-L.jpg

Back