• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Replacement fan for 2007 F650 GS

jnclem

The fan on my wife's bike has died. BMW no longer sells the fan, but sells a fan and shroud combination. The bolt pattern on the new fan looks totally different from my 07 shroud, so I'm wondering if that fan can actually be installed on The shroud for this bike. Has anyone done this?

Also, has anyone found a straight across replacement fan from some other source for this bike? All information in the F650.com site FAQ's is for older bikes, and the links to other sources don’t work any more.

Someone out there must have replaced one of these.

thanks

MAX BMW shows the fan assembly for $303 and the shroud fo $30.... ouch! I replaced the fan motor on Annie's 2007, F650GS five years ago. I was able to get the motor from a dealer, and reused the OE shroud and fan blade. I think I paid $220 for the motor. In retrospect I wish I had at least explored finding a motor from a different source. Take your motor along with as much technical data as you can gather to an electrical supply business and see what they can come up with. If they have a suitable replacement, then I would think it will be under $100. You could also check Beemer Boneyard and see if they have one.

MAX BMW shows the fan assembly for $303 and the shroud fo $30.... ouch! I replaced the fan motor on Annie's 2007, F650GS five years ago. I was able to get the motor from a dealer, and reused the OE shroud and fan blade. I think I paid $220 for the motor. In retrospect I wish I had at least explored finding a motor from a different source. Take your motor along with as much technical data as you can gather to an electrical supply business and see what they can come up with. If they have a suitable replacement, then I would think it will be under $100. You could also check Beemer Boneyard and see if they have one.

The problem is that we live a good 5 hours from that kind of electrical supply shop. I decided to bite the bullet and buy both the fan and the shroud. I saved $30 buying the fan from EME, but bought the shroud from BMW. It took me a while to sort out that I had to actually buy a whole new shroud in order to use the BMW fan. I’m sure there is a cheaper way, but we are down to a few short weeks of riding season so...

Back