• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi from San Francisco

originaldmo

Hi from a new member in San Francisco. I picked up an F900 XR in June and have been making it my own ever since.

I've been riding for about 13 years, but almost all cruisers. I wanted to try something completely different and really digging the XR. I've also got a customized Harley Dyna Low Rider (that's no so low these days) in the garage that I've put about 34K miles on in the last four years.

Just converted my three-month trial membership to a full annual membership.

Cheers,
David

rsz_1img_5339.jpg

rsz_sissy_01.jpg

Hey David, I spent the summer of '92 working as a bike courier in the East Bay. SF was always a fun day trip. Good looking rides, welcome from Newfoundland.

Welcome to the MOA family my San Fransisco brother. (One of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen) Cheers sir.

How is the air? Better, I hope?

Yes, thank goodness. It really was awful for about three weeks. My wife and I decided to try to escape it by heading north on a road trip to Oregon and we happened to be there the night that all hell broke loose in that state, too.

Incredibly, some of the biggest fires in the Bay Area are still burning (over a month now), but contained.

Welcome David and congrats on the purchase of the XR.

Don't forget to clean the cobwebs off the HD once a month...:)

David,

Whenever the Covid thing clears up, you'll want to check out the local club, BMW Club of Northern California
(bmwnorcal.org). We are normally very active with monthly campouts, monthly breakfast rides, an annual rally (the 49er Rally), and a three day long distance ride (The Range of Light Gypsy Tour).

:dance:dance:dance

Greetings from Lucas Valley. I’m regularish at the Tomales Bakery on weekends.

Congrats on the XR!

Welcome to BMW bikes and the BMW MOA! Very beautiful bikes you have there. Look to this Forum a resource for just about any question you might have, and also a good place to share stories.

Back