• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Nashua NH

roycet4

Hi, Royce Taylor from Nashua NH, a 39 year member of the Blue Knights Mass Chapter 7 based out of Carlisle Mass. I am the proud owner of a 2004 1150RT with 36K miles on it that belonged to a great friend and the founding President of Mass Chapter 7. it has was last registered in 2007 and I removed the bike in the Spring of 2014 from the owners shed when the roof caved in and stored it in my garage. After the mouse and squirrel urine smell overtook my garage, I stripped the bike and cleaned it, got it running and presented back to the owner.. who was amazed but said it was not his bike as the wheels are too clean ;) It then went back into my garage.. My friend, the owner passed away almost two years ago and his wife gave me the bike. Last week I charged up the battery (after sitting for 6 years) and the bike started right up. Everything works but the horns so I will be posting asking questions.. l am looking forward riding this bike! I also ride a 2010 Harley Ultra with 120K miles and a 2009 Buell XB12SS

I'm not sure what you have done to get it running but I would offer the following suggestions.

Get a new battery. Even if the old one took a charge I would replace it just to prevent future problems.

Change all of the fluids.

Run a dose of Techron brand fuel system cleaner through with a couple of tanks of gas.

Enjoy the bike.

Bravo!

That advice from Mr Glaves above is top notch. And I am pretty sure that “change all of the fluids” includes draining the gas tank and fuel lines, in case you had as any doubts!

Welcome Royce. You are surrounded with some great riding roads. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back