• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The new M class

If they made an M 1250RS, I'd buy it...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

there you go...MMMMMarketing in action.

how soon to an MF850GSA? maybe some cheesy carbon fiber bits bolted on here and there and a "M" on the gauge cluster...sold! :bangheadf

(yes, i have a low opinion of M stuff nowadays. i have several early M cars...from back when M meant something....)

there you go...MMMMMarketing in action.

how soon to an MF850GSA? maybe some cheesy carbon fiber bits bolted on here and there and a "M" on the gauge cluster...sold! :bangheadf

(yes, i have a low opinion of M stuff nowadays. i have several early M cars...from back when M meant something....)

Oh, you want the 6-cylinder? Here, take this ground effects plastic and other kitsch, but don't ask for a manual transmission. This is the utimate experience for those that can't handle a clutch........

The M1000RR is a race-replica motorcycle. I do not envision an R1250 or F850GS race replica. The next logical candidate might be the F900R becoming spun into an M900RR, but I doubt even that. Time will tell. I renew my call for BMW MOA track days for the M bike and the R18 in different classes. And don't laugh at the R18. Gobs of Harleys have done track days.

..... but don't ask for a manual transmission. This is the ultimate experience for those that can't handle a clutch........

Dual clutch and paddle shift technology has obsoleted (is that a verb?) manual transmissions in performance automobiles. My sport bike has a quick shift with auto-blip downshift and it is magic.

I took it that the M1000RR was more of a homologation limited production special. By offering all those special parts (titanium rods, the aero winglets, and all the carbon fiber bits) on a production bike available to the public, would allow those parts to be used in racing classes that require those parts to be stock production parts. Sort of like how the winged Superbirds were offered to the public in the late sixties.

:dance:dance:dance

I think those exact words were in the design brief. :thumb

Anyone here who hasn't ridden a 175-200 hp sport bike doesn't have the credibility to criticize this new bike.

Criticize? Who is criticizing? I am drooling, but I am 61 years old and not feeling the love with the pavement I used to have. Forty years ago I wasn't happy unless both tires were sliding in the corners. Today I like to firmly planted, well at least most of the time! The other day I had my Yamaha R1 drifting in a corner on cold pavement, I kinda enjoyed it!

Last edited:
Dual clutch and paddle shift technology has obsoleted (is that a verb?) manual transmissions in performance automobiles. My sport bike has a quick shift with auto-blip downshift and it is magic.

I have shift assist on my R1200RS, but I rarely use it. What I do enjoy is the jake brake/compression release, which allows me to rarely use brakes or clutch on downhill roads.

Relative to cars, I tried a steptronic 5-series years ago, but found no interest in playing with the shifter. It was a nice automatic. Given the choice of an automatic or a plug-in hybrid, the plug-in, at-least, offers the potential for fuel savings.

Haas learning center equipment?

About 15 years, I ran 2 Haas Machining centers, milling stainless implant tools. I think it ran 28 different tools, very complex. It was all I could do just to be a machine operator. I was trained by one of the best, one on one. He’s featured in my thread, Ride Eat Meet. Ron Wiginton. Thought I might get back into it with a little more college tech training. I learned that at my age, it ain’t got no easier. :brow

Oh, you want the 6-cylinder? Here, take this ground effects plastic and other kitsch, but don't ask for a manual transmission. This is the utimate experience for those that can't handle a clutch........

LOL!!!

driving used to be a visceral experience that required coordination, skill and finesse. now clueless folks with money can get there yeeha's at ridiculous speeds while the computers do all the work..

LOL!!!

driving used to be a visceral experience that required coordination, skill and finesse. now clueless folks with money can get there yeeha's at ridiculous speeds while the computers do all the work..

Computers can't change the laws of physics. Last night a guy in my town driving a McLaren cut his life short because he believed they can.

Computers can't change the laws of physics. Last night a guy in my town driving a McLaren cut his life short because he believed they can.

Sad. And on bikes it is even easier than in cars. I now ride a G310GS. Not easy to power slide it at all, except in sand, which I hate.

LOL!!!

Never truer words!

Back