• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from South Louisiana

dforbes

New member from South Louisiana. Just wanted to say hello to everybody. Current rides are 2007 R1200 GSA, 2009 KLR 650, and an old XR 400. Looking forward to chatting about bikes.
Danny

HALLO Danny:

Two of our ALaBeemer members live kinda close to U I suspect. Bob & Wanda live in Napoleonville, which I presume is not very far from your hometown. The ALaBeemers used to be a Far-Reaching SE BMW organization. Today, we're fighting to just stay relevant. Contact me if U need additional info. Our next gathering is a scheduled monthly meeting at The Lodge at Lake Guntersville, AL.... https://www.bmwmoal.org/meetings.php
Enjoy your newest Beemer; Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen 🏍+🏕+🏞 = 🤗&😃

vicepresident@bmwmoal.org
secretary@bmwmoal.org

Thanks

HALLO Danny:

Two of our ALaBeemer members live kinda close to U I suspect. Bob & Wanda live in Napoleonville, which I presume is not very far from your hometown. The ALaBeemers used to be a Far-Reaching SE BMW organization. Today, we're fighting to just stay relevant. Contact me if U need additional info. Our next gathering is a scheduled monthly meeting at The Lodge at Lake Guntersville, AL.... https://www.bmwmoal.org/meetings.php
Enjoy your newest Beemer; Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen 🏍+🏕+🏞 = 🤗&😃

vicepresident@bmwmoal.org
secretary@bmwmoal.org

Thanks Phil, Napoleonville is a little more SW from me, I am just NE of Baton Rouge. I have a non riding brother that lives in Alabaster just outside Birmingham. I am a member of a club near me, Gulf South BMW Owners. I don't know if you know anybody from that club. Currently there are about 55 members. I will check out the link to your club. I do go to different areas of Alabama from time to time to see my brother and some work related events. Thanks and ride safe!

Thanks

Have U been able to ride between hurricanes and storms? Looks like it's been rough down there.

The SW corner of the state got devastated and also many areas due north of there almost to the Arkansas line. I am on the more south eastern side of the state just outside Baton Rouge, we got very little damage, just some flooding from the lakes. One of my favorite off road areas called Forest Hill in the Kisatchie Nat Forest will be shut down for who knows how long. But hey, its all good, the sun keeps coming up everyday.
Thanks
Danny

Bikes

Welcome from a few states over to the east Danny. Care to share a pic of the stable?

There should be some bike pictures in my profile, in case I didn't do this right, lol
Thanks
Danny

Attachments

• Bike photo 2.jpg
    Bike photo 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 61
  • Bikes in Arkansas.jpg
    Bikes in Arkansas.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 62
Welcome!

Hi Danny, welcome to the MOA! I’m with the Gulf South BMW club and not too too far from you in Covington. You will get an email, but keep in mind we are having a tech day at my house Oct 17. With Covid and all our meetings and rides have been scarce. Should be a good number of members as we work on bikes, eat, change tires, and eat, talk bikes/riding and eat.

Gulf South BMW Owners

I am a fairly new member of Gulf South Owners. You didnt realize it because you didnt recognize the bike. I finally got a BMW. Last meeting in Covington I was on my blue KLR. Looking forward to the next meeting.
Thanks, Danny
:)

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, Reece. Just got back from my first MOA event, the Falling Leaf Rally in MO. Wonderful community of people. Looking forward to another rally
Danny

I heard it was a good time from fellow director Kelly More and former director Tracy McCarty. Wish I was there. I’m glad you had a good time sir.

Back