Thread: Girlfriend got a new 750 GS, I have some questions?

Girlfriend got a new 750 GS, I have some questions?

After a year and a half of deliberation and me telling her that the VStrom she had wasnít the right bike for her, she finally went looking and fell in love with the 750 GS and is now the proud owner of a 20í that is loaded. I have a some questions about accessories.

1. Do we need the $200 BMW battery charger? I have a handful of Battery Tenders and Optimates.
    2. She wants to move her bars up and back a bit, Rox Risers? Is there enough slack in the lines and cables?
    3. Windshield I was looking at the CalSci I have one on my Tenere and itís pretty good the stock one puts the wind right in her nose?
    4. Skid plate, she has the BMW engine guards and doesnít need something heavy like an alt rider but she will be riding on gravel roads looking for something light, maybe plastic?
    5. She has the BMW nav system is there a way or mount to relocate it from the handle bar or some phone mounting options?

I think thatís all for now.
    Thanks
    Ed

Congrats on new bike. Look at the Givi crash bars. Using an optimale should not be a problem.

Hey Valpor,

I have had my 750 for a year and a half and love it. My thoughts on your questions:

1. no
    2. I had Rox Risers on for a while and there was enough slack in the cables but i had the bars rolled forward a bit to make it more comfortable standing. All depends on your wife's comfort position. I recall seeing some fixed bar backs in some posts that people were using. I think it was a about an inch of rise and 1.25 inch back.
    3. I have a Calsci and like but added a MRA sport wing to get really clean air to the top of my helmet. But I am 6' tall so the standard screen should be plenty unless your wife is very tall.
    4. I use the Hepco Becker skid plate. I like the length and the install was easy. Might be more than you are looking for. Dont recall seeing any plastic ones but was never looking for something like that.
    5. Plenty of threads about moving the Nav above the TFT. If not here then on ADVrider. There is an eBay mount that a lot of folks have used. I have been tempted but have not bothered so far as I have a stand alone Garmin and enough Ram mount stuff laying around that it has not been a priority.

Congrats to the Mrs. on the bike Enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by valpor1100s View Post
    1. Do we need the $200 BMW battery charger? I have a handful of Battery Tenders and Optimates.
    Install a fused SAE lead on the battery and use whatever charger you want. Also works for any heated clothing.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Install a fused SAE lead on the battery and use whatever charger you want. Also works for any heated clothing.
    Or most any 12v air pump.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Put a Madstad windshield system on for her. She'll love it. Check them out. https://madstad.com/collections/bmw/...750-850gs-2018
    '17 RT
    MOA #46783

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.