• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Girlfriend got a new 750 GS, I have some questions?

valpor1100s

After a year and a half of deliberation and me telling her that the VStrom she had wasn’t the right bike for her, she finally went looking and fell in love with the 750 GS and is now the proud owner of a 20’ that is loaded. I have a some questions about accessories.

1. Do we need the $200 BMW battery charger? I have a handful of Battery Tenders and Optimates.
2. She wants to move her bars up and back a bit, Rox Risers? Is there enough slack in the lines and cables?
3. Windshield I was looking at the CalSci I have one on my Tenere and it’s pretty good the stock one puts the wind right in her nose?
4. Skid plate, she has the BMW engine guards and doesn’t need something heavy like an alt rider but she will be riding on gravel roads looking for something light, maybe plastic?
5. She has the BMW nav system is there a way or mount to relocate it from the handle bar or some phone mounting options?

I think that’s all for now.
Thanks
Ed

Hey Valpor,

I have had my 750 for a year and a half and love it. My thoughts on your questions:

1. no
2. I had Rox Risers on for a while and there was enough slack in the cables but i had the bars rolled forward a bit to make it more comfortable standing. All depends on your wife's comfort position. I recall seeing some fixed bar backs in some posts that people were using. I think it was a about an inch of rise and 1.25 inch back.
3. I have a Calsci and like but added a MRA sport wing to get really clean air to the top of my helmet. But I am 6' tall so the standard screen should be plenty unless your wife is very tall.
4. I use the Hepco Becker skid plate. I like the length and the install was easy. Might be more than you are looking for. Dont recall seeing any plastic ones but was never looking for something like that.
5. Plenty of threads about moving the Nav above the TFT. If not here then on ADVrider. There is an eBay mount that a lot of folks have used. I have been tempted but have not bothered so far as I have a stand alone Garmin and enough Ram mount stuff laying around that it has not been a priority.

Congrats to the Mrs. on the bike Enjoy the ride!

Back