• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

### 2020 R1250RT Leaking Front Brakes After Recall Video ###

Three strikes and your out!!!!! Four days after getting my third set of Hayes calipers installed and they're leaking again. This bike has been in to the dealer five times for the same issue, crazy.

Steve

Three strikes and your out!!!!! Four days after getting my third set of Hayes calipers installed and they're leaking again. This bike has been in to the dealer five times for the same issue, crazy.

Steve

Get that NHTSA guy back in the picture so he can lower the boom on BMW. Enough is more than enough. They need to put Brembo calipers on all bikes with Hayes calipers in my opinion.

Get that NHTSA guy back in the picture so he can lower the boom on BMW. Enough is more than enough. They need to put Brembo calipers on all bikes with Hayes calipers in my opinion.

They've been contacted along with other avenues.

Steve

Brembos would most probably fix the problem for Motor32. But I don't think it would be acceptable for the NHTSA or EU authorities.
I think it would cause homologation issues.

Brembos would most probably fix the problem for Motor32. But I don't think it would be acceptable for the NHTSA or EU authorities.
I think it would cause homologation issues.

If the Brembos were the same ones used on a previously homologated machine, like the 1200 series bikes, then it shouldn’t be that difficult to amend the homologation for the 1250 bikes. The agencies involved have granted homologation status to machines that are demonstrating themselves to be potentially unsafe to operate; I’d expect they have a vested interest in correcting that faux pax as quickly and quietly as possible.

Best,
DeVern

This is so sad, but what's worse, it isn't surprising. BMW problems like this...fuel stripes, antenna rings, fuel leaks, cams, transmissions, rear struts, wheels, wheel flanges, final drives, side stands, connectivity and more. No, not surprising.

Here's part 2 from today with the right side now leaking also after getting my third set of Hayes calipers installed, five times at the dealer for this.

Steve

Well, at least you've made plenty of video evidence to back yourself up on any lemon law claim. BMW should fire whoever signed the supplier contract with Hayes.

What a dumpster fire. Very sad indeed. Does Hayes also manufacture other parts for BMW. Perhaps rocker arms?
I wonder why BMW switched vendors. Its not performance related. Cost savings?

BMW Dealership Removes Bikes from Showroom Floor

I stopped by GOAZ Motorcycles in Scottsdale, AZ this morning to inquire about the 2021 RT.

The employee I spoke with confirmed that BMW has issued a "stop sales" on all affected bikes with Hayes calipers.

The dealer has removed the bikes impacted from their showroom floor, leaving only 4 BMW motorcycles on display for potential sales.

This problem not only affects owners and potential customers but also the salespeople who can't making a living selling bikes that have been quarantined.

I think there best bet is to turn all the dealerships into BMW Motorrad Museums until there's a fix that does indeed fix the weeping, seeping and leaking once and for all.

Steve

My local dealer has pulled everything but the R18 and S1000RR as far as 2021 models, and has some 2020 F's, G's, and K's listed for NEW inventory on their website.

Glad my R1200R has Brembos...

Apparently some of the Brembo calipers are having problem, too. I saw on a Triumph newsgroup that there are some recalls out on some of the Brembo-equipped new models for brake issues.

The Triumph recall was over Brembo brake pads; the calipers themselves were fine. The issue centered on possible corrosion in the pad material causing it to separate from the backing plate. I assume this could result in the pad material being spit out of the caliper.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/419515/recall-2018-2020-triumph-brembo-brakes/

Best,
DeVern

Here's part 3 of my third set of Hayes calipers leaking just as the other two sets did. Six months and soon I'll have four sets of leaking Hayes calipers on my bike, incredible!!!

Steve

Back