• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

When will there be an R18 Forum section?

enzo500

A lot of riders have already taken delivery of the new R18. I'm curious if this Forum will create an R18 section.

Hey R18 owners. Show us a photo of your new ride. Let us know who you are, where you hail from, and what you rode before getting the R18, or what else you ride when not on the R18.

I'll start: I don't own an R18 .........................................................................................yet!

ExGMan ran across one, I think it was at a Boston Dealer and shared the picture-

Looks like a nice ride to me.

OM

Attachments

• 4C63FC4E-6663-4B7F-9985-B0F35AAC5144.jpeg
    4C63FC4E-6663-4B7F-9985-B0F35AAC5144.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 272
Took one for a demo ride. It has a lot of torque. Oops, I meant to say - a LOT of torque. :D

Turns really low rpm. If you like cruiser bikes, you'll probably like this one.

ExGMan ran across one, I think it was at a Boston Dealer and shared the picture-

Looks like a nice ride to me.

OM

Right Gary, it was at Cambridge BMW in Arlington, MA aka Greater Boston Motorsports. It's a demo bike and three guys not riding BMWs showed up together and each took it out for about 15 minutes on a Saturday morning.

Review:

<iframe width="994" height="559" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nBEBD-WL_mc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

Took one for a demo ride. It has a lot of torque. Oops, I meant to say - a LOT of torque. :D

Turns really low rpm. If you like cruiser bikes, you'll probably like this one.

Yep, they definitely tuned it to satisfy the lug-them-along Harley crowd.

A positive review from a Harley guy in the UK:

<iframe width="994" height="559" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JTv_hnTtGvo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

The rear fender does not extend far forward, and i wonder what supports it?
Big twin vibration causes stress cracking at resonant frequencies.
You would not want your passenger to fall on the rear wheel at 70 mph!

Maybe this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 7.22.08 PM.png

A lot of the air cooling, from my understanding, has gone by the wayside due to running engines hotter to meet emissions standards.
OM

Is this "Mikey" from that Life cereal commercial from years ago? "Mikey hates everything!" :laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSKmn4ooNg

I'm fairly certain that BMW is going to make sure no passengers "fall on the rear wheel" due to structural failure.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled R18 thread...

Excellent Find Harry!

I love the first review. Really well done. Forwarded the video to my motorcycle riders at work, non BMW riders, along with one BMW rider, included in the text was a one year free membership to the MOA from me. If the R18 is a BMW product that significantly captures a wide market segment domestically in the US, this has the potential to really help our club. I’m looking forward to seeing more BMW riders at our events.

Back