• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Headlight protection

texbb

I’ve noticed a couple of nicks on my headlight after only 6000 miles. Mine is a recently purchased used 2016 model. The headlight was clean and perfect when I bought it with 3,000 miles. My first road trip left the marks. I used to have a Cee Bailey cover on a 2001 R1100S. Wondering if others have decided to cover their headlight in some way? I found a Aero Flow model that was similar to what I’ve owned before. Thoughts?

I've had a Aeroflow cover on each of two RTs...2008 and 2015. They're stable, strong and do the job.

I had a Cee Bailey's on my 2016RT for the first 65k miles and it finally started to get pitted and dull/hazy from all the road debris and repeated extra hard cleaning to remove tons of bugs. I think Cee Bailey's discontinued all their motorcycle products some time back, so I'm glad I found a good alternative.

I now have a headlight cover from Werks Headlight Protector and think it's better than the Cee Bailey's…because it's slightly larger than the actual clear plastic of the headlight assembly and has a slightly different curve profile. This helps keep lots of bugs and other small crap from getting wedged between the headlight and the front fairings around the light.

The instructions are well written and the 3M Dual Lock works great to facilitate easy remove/install to clean behind the protector when needed…and it is needed.

Shipping is reasonable, and it is boxed up well, so there is little chance that it will be damaged when it arrives.

https://www.werksparts.com/werks-bmw-headlight-protector.html
4C9ECE94-F6ED-4A56-96C4-550094465880_1_105_c-M.jpg

Thanks for the info. I’ll look at the two mentioned and purchase one soon! Don’t want to have to replace the headlight shell.

Thx

Back