• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from New Bern NC

Scudrunner

New to the forum and new to BMW motorcycles. Just bought a 2017 F 800 GS Trophy edition. Showroom new. Loving the bike. Looking forward to meeting fellow riders in my area.

Welcome to the forum

Any background on username?

Been to NC several times in last few years running up/ down the mountains and to pick up a new to me GSA a few months ago in Charlotte as well. Always a great trip

Post a pic of the new bike if you haven’t yet in the F-twin area

Scudrunner is a term used by pilots dodging fog and clouds etc.

Welcome from Newfoundland where a couple of friends of mine are scud runners.

Scudrunner is a term used by pilots dodging fog and clouds etc.

Welcome from Newfoundland where a couple of friends of mine are scud runners.

You nailed it. I made a few freight runs into Halifax. Never made it to Newfoundland. My wife is from Calgary where we got married 30+ years ago. She’s never been East of Montreal. We plan to visit the Maritimes when we retire.

Welcome to the forum

Any background on username?

Been to NC several times in last few years running up/ down the mountains and to pick up a new to me GSA a few months ago in Charlotte as well. Always a great trip

Post a pic of the new bike if you haven’t yet in the F-twin area

Skibum69 nailed it on the username. I’ll get a few pictures up this weekend.

Why would you wait until you retire? If you're only going to the Maritimes you won't get to Newfoundland seeing as it's in the Atlantic provinces. We're planning on opening a B&B for touring motorcycles.

Back