Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Helite: good product good customer service

As a Coastie, a helite is NOT a PFD.
    Marshall
    92 K75s, 94 K75s, 09 K1300s

the Helite is designed to deflate slowly after the inflation so would not be a good pfd probsbly end up being an anchor!
    Knick
    R1200GS
    Vespa ET4

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I don't disagree with any of this. I just don't think a Helite vest is a flotation device and I don't think it is regulated by the Coast Guard. However if I was on a sinking Duck Boat in the Lake of the Ozarks I would certainly be glad to be wearing a Helite vest since the boat captain failed to instruct the (now dead) passengers that they should wear a PFD.
    If you tried to use it as a PFD, it would probably drown you due to the big back bladder. The senior hip guard would be even worse.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Ok- so we all agree that the Helite Turtle probably wouldn’t be the thing to wear jumping into the middle of a cold lake and expect to float for any length of time- if at all- no matter what brand CO2 was used. Can we also agree that it’s the bees knees for jumping off- voluntarily or otherwise- a motorcycle at speed on to a roadway- using a correct CO2- the marine and first responders brand being a reasonable try when helite brand not available?

Quote Originally Posted by hexst View Post
    the Helite is designed to deflate slowly after the inflation so would not be a good pfd probsbly end up being an anchor!
    You'd have less than 5 minutes to deflation, so it'll keep ya afloat for a few minutes and not much more.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    Ok- so we all agree that the Helite Turtle probably wouldn’t be the thing to wear jumping into the middle of a cold lake and expect to float for any length of time- if at all- no matter what brand CO2 was used. Can we also agree that it’s the bees knees for jumping off- voluntarily or otherwise- a motorcycle at speed on to a roadway- using a correct CO2- the marine and first responders brand being a reasonable try when helite brand not available?
    Well, OK, maybe, perhaps...........
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks