• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

aftermarket speakers

rickyracer

Has anyone removed the fairing mirrors and installed better and bigger speakers. and how does the front directional panels come off without breaking something. Bike is a 2013 R1200RT

Last edited:
Always include model and year info for better responses.

On another thread he says My bike is a 2018 XR and ive put 3000 on it since ive done the modifications.
S1000XR

Always include model and year info for better responses.

On another thread he says My bike is a 2018 XR and ive put 3000 on it since ive done the modifications.
S1000XR

If you would quit just trolling and stay on the correct bike forum things would be better.

Ok, won’t try to help you again for sure.
IF you would read things correctly I have two different BMW bikes that I thought i could get answers from real people but that doesnt seem to be the case on this forum . its just like every other forum getting worse than Facebook.

IF you would read things correctly I have two different BMW bikes that I thought i could get answers from real people but that doesnt seem to be the case on this forum . its just like every other forum getting worse than Facebook.

We are reading correctly. The answer to the question you asked depends on the bike being discussed, which you did not specify. Even if we guessed that you were talking about an RT, the procedure to remove the speakers is different for a Hexhead than a Camhead, since the mirrors attach differently.

If you respond to attempts to help you on Facebook and other forums the way you have here, it's no surprise you have trouble getting help.

I get lots of help here and I try to post lots of help as well. Won’t respond to you anymore though because I perceive it might be a waste of my time. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue this discussion on why. Over and out.

To answer your question, look at Crutchfield. I buy speakers from them all the time for different projects. The speaker listing have details on size. Hopefully you will find something to fit. The Customer Service staff are pretty knowledgeable. Sorry for all the Negative Nancy’s.

speakers

To answer your question, look at Crutchfield. I buy speakers from them all the time for different projects. The speaker listing have details on size. Hopefully you will find something to fit. The Customer Service staff are pretty knowledgeable. Sorry for all the Negative Nancy’s.

Thanks Marc. Yes the bike is a 2013 RT I need to know how to get the directional plastic off then i should be able to get the rest apart. and custom fit something in the spot the mirrors are being removed as well. i put GS mirrors and mounts on the bike already, Thanks again.

Back