Thread: aftermarket speakers

aftermarket speakers

Has anyone removed the fairing mirrors and installed better and bigger speakers. and how does the front directional panels come off without breaking something. Bike is a 2013 R1200RT
    Last edited by rickyracer; 10-04-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyracer View Post
    Has anyone removed the fairing mirrors and installed better and bigger speakers. and how does the front directional panels come off without breaking something
    Is this for a race bike?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Always include model and year info for better responses.

On another thread he says My bike is a 2018 XR and ive put 3000 on it since ive done the modifications.
    S1000XR

speakers

The bike i want to install better speakers is a 2013 BMW R 1200 RT.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Always include model and year info for better responses.

On another thread he says My bike is a 2018 XR and ive put 3000 on it since ive done the modifications.
    S1000XR
    If you would quit just trolling and stay on the correct bike forum things would be better.

If you would quit just trolling and stay on the correct bike forum things would be better.
    Ok, won’t try to help you again for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Ok, won’t try to help you again for sure.
    IF you would read things correctly I have two different BMW bikes that I thought i could get answers from real people but that doesnt seem to be the case on this forum . its just like every other forum getting worse than Facebook.

IF you would read things correctly I have two different BMW bikes that I thought i could get answers from real people but that doesnt seem to be the case on this forum . its just like every other forum getting worse than Facebook.
    We are reading correctly. The answer to the question you asked depends on the bike being discussed, which you did not specify. Even if we guessed that you were talking about an RT, the procedure to remove the speakers is different for a Hexhead than a Camhead, since the mirrors attach differently.

If you respond to attempts to help you on Facebook and other forums the way you have here, it's no surprise you have trouble getting help.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

I get lots of help here and I try to post lots of help as well. Won’t respond to you anymore though because I perceive it might be a waste of my time. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue this discussion on why. Over and out.

To answer your question, look at Crutchfield. I buy speakers from them all the time for different projects. The speaker listing have details on size. Hopefully you will find something to fit. The Customer Service staff are pretty knowledgeable. Sorry for all the Negative Nancy’s.
    Marc Kitts
    2010 R1200RT

speakers

Quote Originally Posted by krazyhank View Post
    To answer your question, look at Crutchfield. I buy speakers from them all the time for different projects. The speaker listing have details on size. Hopefully you will find something to fit. The Customer Service staff are pretty knowledgeable. Sorry for all the Negative Nancy’s.
    Thanks Marc. Yes the bike is a 2013 RT I need to know how to get the directional plastic off then i should be able to get the rest apart. and custom fit something in the spot the mirrors are being removed as well. i put GS mirrors and mounts on the bike already, Thanks again.

Has anyone removed the fairing mirrors and installed better and bigger speakers. and how does the front directional panels come off without breaking something
    Sorry about not putting the model The bike im inquiring about is a 2013 R1200RT