• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

seats- options for the K1600

kellydeec

i am going to need a new seat, stock just doesnt cut it. Are the russels really as comfortable as they claim????

RDL Seats

I want to reward my butt with RDL seats for my'74 R90/6, '82 R100,' 87 K100, '94 R1100RS and maybe a few more for good measure.:clap

Recommend

I think my RDL is not only bottom comfort it supports the whole lower body with less pressure on the nerves and circulatory system providing less knee pain. A few small adjustments are needed if you buy one but easy to learn . Maybe see if someone in your area has one to sit on and see if you like. Once you get started with the process it is hard to turn back. You will have to send a seat pan for them to build the saddle and it will be gone for 10 days or so.

Good luck

All depends what bike you're putting it on I think. For my KTM's I have Renazco seats. Game changers for sure.

640 Adventure
P5180001-L.jpg

525-suede and vinyl
IMG_3811_heic-L.jpg

Have you ever read a post where the owner of a Russell Day Long even hinted about the seat being uncomfortable or, even worst, seeking another 'better' seat? The answer is a resounding NO!

Duane

I had a custom Russel Day long made for me this spring
All Black Leather with small diamonds sewn in, looks great on my black bike.
At 775 not cheap but the best never is.
Best $ I've ever spent on Moto gear.
It took a little while to " Break In" but when it did WOW
Nick

My RDL score: 1) 2008 RT - RDL; 2) 2015 RT - RDL. About 90K miles so far: No complaints.

Once I installed the RDL seats, pain in the a** became history.

Rdl

This, from someone who is 69 years old and has L5 degenerative disc disease, (not to mention an almost non-existent ass. You will be far more comfortable with the RDL.

Best,

3hawks

Back