• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shop-Vac Closing

Based in Williamsport, PA with 400 local and 1700 worldwide employees, ShopVac announced (15 Sept 2020) they are closing due to a failed sale of ownership.

That sucks.... hey, someone had to say it first.

Hate to hear that, have owned a few of their products

That sucks.... hey, someone had to say it first.

Hate to hear that, have owned a few of their products

Ya know, it is a vacuum. It sucks till it's dead.

But, I will say, ShopVac was quite willing to support the local schools with equipment for labs. It's affordable turbomachinery that can be used for flow and acoustic measurement labs. One day, on a whim, I called them about the availability of some fan & motor assemblies for a kluged test I was considering. The head of the ShopVac engineering department returned my call and directed me to a stack donated units in one department of the Engineering school on campus. If what I needed wasn't available in the existing pile, ShopVac offered to send whatever I wanted. At no cost.

First off- sorry for the company and the employees...I like the idea of an American made product.

I bought one in 1987 and have never even had to empty it because, obviously, nothing exists in a vacuum.

I held off all day and if I didn't get it out i wouldn't sleep!

Nature abhors a vacuum, so we invented vacuum cleaners.
If you clean a vacuum cleaner, you ARE a vacuum cleaner.

Sucks

I am sure the name will remain and someone will use it to sell cheap chinese crap and that will really suck

Based in Williamsport, PA with 400 local and 1700 worldwide employees, ShopVac announced (15 Sept 2020) they are closing due to a failed sale of ownership.

There’s never a good time to see that many people suddenly out of work, but especially bad right now. There’s probably a good chance this will play out similar to what happened with Wood-Mode, another PA operation that suddenly shut down. Employees are sent packing, pension plans found inadequately funded, assets sold to a new owner, and the business reactivated with employees receiving lower wages and reduced benefits. I’m sad to see the closings—I have used Shop-Vac products at home and work over the years, clear back to a former life where I sold Wood-Mode products...

Best,
DeVern

Back