• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Center stand is touching the oil pan...??

Hook

My old dealer had a special hook he made to slip into the back bone of the main frame. That combined with a chain hoist worked very well. I had the same hook made for me and it works well. St.

A lift table works very well!

I'm tired of laying on the concrete or blanket over concrete while I get the center stand and springs mounted and working correctly. If you don't have one it might be well worth the effort to contact local Airhead guys or bike friendly guys to borrow the space for an hour or two in order to get the center stand bolted on and those knukle buster springs set. I also use plenty of tie down straps and a small bottle jack just to make sure the center stand operates smoothly and it seats perfectly deployed and stored. I did the side stand thing one time and vowed never again!!!

Attachments

• going together 3.JPG
    going together 3.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 37
Back